'cause You Guys Are Good At This...

Gordykins

Experienced Member
I've been fostering dogs for almost a year, and I want to make a video of all of the foster dogs we have had. I'm having trouble picking a song though. So far I think maybe "Firework" by Katy Perry? My boyfriend doesn't like pop though, so I was trying to think of something different. All of our foster dogs have been girls too, so I wanted it to be girly, but it doesn't have to be.

Mutt

Experienced Member
What is the idea behind the video?
Happy that they have eventually all found new homes?

a suggestion:
just the way you are - bruno mars.

LOL picking a song is always the hardest part, don't forget to show us the result though!

threenorns

you know what?

The Lazy Song, by Bruno Mars - *lots* of great image match potential, plus it's just such a *happy* song.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

That Don't Impress Me Much - redo the video with dogs, lol

You've Got A Friend

MaryK

Honored Member
What about "Take a Chance on Me" - forgotten who sings the song - but it will show that ALL dogs are loving and people need to 'take a chance' and either foster/adopt a Shelter dog.

More classical music "Dance of the Cygnets' - Swan Lake - happy and upbeat and about little ones.
Thunder and Lightening Polka - very fast and upbeat - may fit a lot of dogs having fun.
Memories - not quite classical and a wee bit sentimental but would fit all the memories you have of fosters.

Just make sure the music is royalty free, otherwise you'll get banned in so many countries!

MaryK

Honored Member
Oooh, I like the suggestion of Take A Chance On Me...I believe it is by abba?
Yes it is. synchronicity at work here, Abba Special on T.V. the other night, watched it brought back childhood memories and one of the songs featured was Take A Chance On Me - knew I knew it from somewhere.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I LOVE it! Gordy looks like a great foster brother. Brody could really use a friend like him in his life. Did he help any of the fosters get over their issues? They all seemed so happy and relaxed, except maybe the first picture of Kimbra when she was under the table.

Gordykins

Experienced Member
I LOVE it! Gordy looks like a great foster brother. Brody could really use a friend like him in his life. Did he help any of the fosters get over their issues? They all seemed so happy and relaxed, except maybe the first picture of Kimbra when she was under the table.
Thanks :) Kimber was afraid of so many things at first. In that particular picture, I was vacuuming, and she jumped under that table. She was afraid of stairs, cars, vinyl flooring, the washing machine, any loud noises (like a vacuum, or blender). Luckily, she really trusted us, which made it really easy to help her get used to all of those things. With the steps, our best bet was to get Gordy and Kimber to play fetch together, and when they got really excited and into the game, we'd throw the ball down the steps and Kimber would chase Gordy. To get her to go up and down the steps on her own, we put lots of high value treats on the steps and just let her know they were there, and eventually, she would take a treat. It took about a week for her to feel comfortable going all the way to the bottom step to take a treat. She was such a sweetheart. I bawled my eyes out when she was adopted, and it actually was a little heart breaking to go through all of her pictures to make the slideshow. I was so attached to Kimber. She was a lot of work though... and my boyfriend and I had agreed that since I want to continue to foster, and that since our house really isn't big enough for more than three dogs at a time... that the next dog will be his pick, and his dog... and he just didn't have that connection with Kimber. But... even when she wasn't so afraid of things anymore, she always did like to have little hiding spots. She liked to be under one of our chairs, under the bed, or between our sofa and our end table.

Her new family is absolutely perfect for her. She now has an active family, with a "brother" who is also a husky mix, and a nice big fenced in yard to run around in... and because her husky mix brother is an escape artist like she is, they are always supervised in the fenced in yard.... and the house was already "husky proofed."

I'd say though, that most of the dogs that we foster are pretty well adjusted, and have acclimated to the new environment pretty easily though.

Great video. I loved Kimber, she is a beautiful dog. Husky mix right?

Yup, we thought husky! And thanks!!!

Adorable!
Thanks!! I've been so lucky to have been able to know each and every one of them!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks so much!! Gordy is a fantastic help! Notice they're all females though... he just loves having all the ladies around :p
LOL sounds like my boys! Ra Kismet is very fond of the gals, especially the older ones, I tell him they're cougars but he doesn't care.:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
I like Take A Chance On Me too... but I couldn't compete with this super cute video!

(I just watched the whole thing again... I LOVE that video!!)
Couldn't resist watching it again ..I TOO LOVE the video. But, remember, it's professionally made, so... maybe you could still use Take a Chance on Me:D After all, no competition, you're all working for the same cause, finding homes for doggies (and cats mustn't forget them my two would never forgive me). Now singing Take A Chance on Me with two dogs looking at me as if I've gone mad!:LOL: