Breath Bustin' Biscuits

good_doggie

Combine all ingredients in food processor, process until well mixed, mint is chopped, and a large ball forms. Press or roll on non-stick surface (floured board or ceramic) to a thickness of 1/4-1/2". Cut into 1x2" strips or with bone-shaped cookie cutter and place on non-stick cookie pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool and store in air-tight container.
Makes about 30 medium biscuits.

maxkaurasky

I'll have to try these with Sky! His breath is horrible and he absolutely refuses to let me brush his teeth.

leema

The thing is, bad smelling breath is a sign of worse things... Feeding something to 'freshen' their breath does not fix the problem, just covers it up.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
The thing is, bad smelling breath is a sign of worse things... Feeding something to 'freshen' their breath does not fix the problem, just covers it up.
I agree... I look after two Shelties who are 9 years of age who had horrible breath, and I have just recently been asked to brush their teeth twice a week... not sure if it's going to do much now... but I'm trying anyway.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Where are the inredients?
Leema is so right, my rescue was a severely malnourished dog when we first met him, and his breath coulda knocked you over back then. :eek: Peeough! It was nasty.
Now he is well fed, eats a healthy properly nutritious diet, and has absolutely no bad breath at all. None. at all.
I think Leema is right. Bad breath is not "natural" in dogs.
A dog with bad breath should be takent to vets for exam, pointing out to vet that IS the reason you want dog checked out, to rule out dental decay or some stomach problem or whatever that could be causing the bad breath.
and also, the owner should review the dog's dog food and even what type of treats he is being fed.
Most dog foods bought in grocery stores are mostly bags of corn, which is UNDIGESTIBLE to dogs, and corn can ferment a bit in the stomach, and cause bad breath.
Many dogs are fed top-notch dog foods,
but then,
the same dog who gets great dog food, is given horrible dog treats. (But, it IS kinda hard to find actually nutritious dog treats that are not super expensive.)
and giving dog bits of human food, some of that might not be healthy for dog, either, lotsa sugar too, to promote dental decay in dogs.
HOW LUCKY AM I?-------->my dog flosses his own teeth by gnawing on stuffed toys almost daily. lol. We initially rubbed cheese and peanut butter onto stuffed toys to increase his interest in stuffed toys,
and we highly encourage him to do this, and still praise him for doing that.
He gets the occasional raw bone to gnaw on, too.
It's cute, he acts as if he is removing fleas or ticks of the toys, rubs his teeth all over the toys, for a long time, gnawing imaginary'fleas' off of the toy. He is at least 4 years old now (best guess, could be older) and still has gleaming white teeth and great breath. I *think* it is his healthy diet and his TOYS that keep his teeth so good looking.

charmedwolf

Staff member
My pups don't have stinky breath either. Granted, I've been feeding RAW for a while so that could be the biggest thing since they are constantly crunching on bones, Mother Nature's teeth cleaners ;)

I do however make mint cookies for the neighborhood dogs for Christmas if I have time.