border collie twins

lilianasorg

Hi! This is my first time posting. I've taught my dogs to do no.1 by saying "hurry up" and to do no.2 by saying "DO YOUR BUSINESS" They will eliminate in less than 5 minutes, which is
very practical here in Michigan, where it gets very cold in the winter. My boy will "fetch" and the girl will only do it when whe is alone. They will sit, lay down, give me your paw, give me your other pay when verbally told to do so.
Although they are/sound very bright, I must tell you that toilet training was something that I learned to do with a crate after they were 1 1/2 years olds. They are now just 9 and still acting like puppies. The boy, Meeko was born with kidney problems and this did not help. He now has everything under control, or I should say we've got it under control.
I like this site as it gives me other things to teach my dogs, they are hungry to learn.

E

emmasmamma

Welcome to the DTA! You'll find several other border collie owners here to compare notes with!

heidib860

Welcome,
When you said 1 1/2 years did you mean you got them at 1 1/2 and taught them at that time or did you mean it took you a 1 year 1/2 to house break them.

My last dog Blue was a Bassett Hound and he took 6 months to housebreak. I've heard from other Bassett owners that this is a common thing. Uuugghhh! You have alot of patients.

I look forward to seeing you around the site and seeing the new tricks that they learn. I know Max looks forward to our training times very much. He sees me getting the clicker and his treats and he sits at attention all ready and waiting.

Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing your posts.