Blade Is Now A Visiting Dog!

Lexy88

Yaay! So today me and Blade met with an assessor to see his suitability as a visiting dog. But they LOVED him! And better yet, they asked which home/hospital I was interested in visiting and I named the old war veterans home that my Grandpa used to be in... and that was the same one they had already picked for Blade! They said they get so many fluffy slipper dogs as visitors but wanted something that would suit the men in the veterans home, and they also have young army men there now with PTSD, and Blade was a perfect 'mans' dog, being a GSD. So Blade's bandana and my badge is coming in the mail and then we can start visiting each week. I am super duper excited :D

Lexy88

I know, I've been SO slack with popping in here lately. I do lurk about once a week :p But I'm flat out with study, work, children, church, getting fit (I'm getting married in Feb - don't know if I've bragged about that yet haha).

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
CONGRATS!! WONDERFUL!! Yes, we've missed you around here, but, it's so so easy to see why you are busy!!
KUDOS on getting Blade to be visiting dog, and how utterly wonderful to be sharing your dog with veterans! Just wonderful!!
and best wishes on the upcoming marriage!! YAY! If there is anything on earth worth celebrating, it is LOVE!! SOooo happy for you!!
I'm betting your fiance is a dog lover too!;)

AND YES, do post some photos!!