Blade Is Now A Visiting Dog!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Lexy88, May 27, 2012.

1. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

Yaay! So today me and Blade met with an assessor to see his suitability as a visiting dog. But they LOVED him! And better yet, they asked which home/hospital I was interested in visiting and I named the old war veterans home that my Grandpa used to be in... and that was the same one they had already picked for Blade! They said they get so many fluffy slipper dogs as visitors but wanted something that would suit the men in the veterans home, and they also have young army men there now with PTSD, and Blade was a perfect 'mans' dog, being a GSD. So Blade's bandana and my badge is coming in the mail and then we can start visiting each week. I am super duper excited :D

2. sara Moderator

AWESOME!

I was wondering what you've been up to! You haven't been around much lately :)

Good for Blade! He'll be perfect for that!
    Dogster and Lexy88 like this.
  3. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

I know, I've been SO slack with popping in here lately. I do lurk about once a week :p But I'm flat out with study, work, children, church, getting fit (I'm getting married in Feb - don't know if I've bragged about that yet haha).
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  4. sara Moderator

OH WOW Congrats!!!!

And now you're adding visiting:) you're a very busy person! LOL
    Lexy88 and Dogster like this.
  5. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

I am .quite. busy lol but that's ok! I enjoy everything I do :)

This is the org me and Blade are now part of. Think it's the only one in NZ... http://caninefriends.org.nz/
  6. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

I will add a photo of Blade in his bandana as soon as it turns up :D
  7. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

CONGRATS!! WONDERFUL!! Yes, we've missed you around here, but, it's so so easy to see why you are busy!!
    KUDOS on getting Blade to be visiting dog, and how utterly wonderful to be sharing your dog with veterans! Just wonderful!!
    and best wishes on the upcoming marriage!! YAY! If there is anything on earth worth celebrating, it is LOVE!! SOooo happy for you!!
    I'm betting your fiance is a dog lover too!;)

AND YES, do post some photos!!
    Lexy88 and Dogster like this.
  8. Dogster Honored Member

Congrats!!!!! I'm sure Blade will do great!!!!!:D
    And have a happy married life!!!!:love:
  9. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

Congrats!

What part of NZ? I lived there for almost 15 years...
    Dogster likes this.
  10. Lexy88 Well-Known Member

We are in Quake Central :D
    Dogster likes this.
  11. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

Ahhhh - I mainly floated around the North Island but I did do a train trip to parts of the South Island - simply breathtaking - my how I miss it!
    Dogster likes this.