Best Joint Supplements???

kristin

What does everyone reccomend for Glucosomine and joint supplements?
I'm trying to find the best joint supplement for my dog and I am overwhelmed with options!:dogblink:

lexio2

I have not one but two dogs with confirmed cases of hip dysplasia and a dog i suspect has hip problems. I have been using these since i got my first dog with hip dysplasia over a year and a half ago. They're a human supplement and you can not find a better price than this!

Swanson Premium Glucosamine, Chondroitin, & MSM 240 Tabs - Swanson Health Products

They contain MSM which dogs can over dose on, and i forget what the toxic range is but your vet should know if you ask.

How much does your dog weigh? My 3 range from 36-47 pounds and they all get one pill per day.

Qwill literally could not stand without great difficulty on the slick tile in the house i was living in at the time i first got him. A lot of physical therapy and this supplement helped get him in top form. He runs like the wind now and other than his slightly odd walking gait and stiff days you would never know there was anything wrong with him. I swear by these and reccommend them to everyone!

kristin

Thanks!

Ok thank you!
I will look into those right now. :)

I am also wondering if there are like... ace bandages for dogs? Since her dysplasia is in her elbows i was thinking bandaging them up might help suport her and keep them warmer since i live in a cooler climate. Just a thought... i have been brainstorming and researching for like 4 solid days now. :dogunsure:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
My last dog, Toby, he had arthritis and some joint problems, this glucosamine w/ chondroitin, WOW, it really DID help him move around better. I recommend them very much! Don't know which brand is best, but the stuff really did help my dog.

Knowing me, i probably bought the cheapest version i could find...

kristin

tigerlily46514;18354 said:
My last dog, Toby, he had arthritis and some joint problems, this glucosamine w/ chondroitin, WOW, it really DID help him move around better. I recommend them very much! Don't know which brand is best, but the stuff really did help my dog.

Knowing me, i probably bought the cheapest version i could find...
Lol, so far i have been using the Dog glucosomine from Trader Joes. It seems to be helping her and it is not super pricey. :)