Bentley- Boxer

freedomdreams

Bentley is our 1 year old Boxer. He is my sweet heart, but he is one of the biggest trouble makers I can imagine.
Bentley is not very large, to an extent I believe he may have been a runt but he's still growing. We got him from a friend who was going to sell him. A friend of his gave him Bentley for free because they were downsizing (had 30 in total from what I understand with puppies).
Bentley comes with us everywhere, he has separation anxiety and he breaks any kennel and then we come home like a tornado went through it. He's gotten better though thankfully, we can leave him after hiding certain things and manage without any disasters happening. He's very happy go lucky, he's very agile and hates when he isn't the center of attention or cuddling with someone...which is generally me.
This dog helps me so much and I'm not quite sure what I would do without him. If anything he may be the dog I want to focus training the most. I've included puppy photos <3

Attachments

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Aww! Such adorable pictures! Is sep anxiety common in boxers? I seem to hear about it more with boxers than I hear about it with any other breed.

sara

Staff member
yeah, it's caused by breeding 2 flashy fawns together, usually, so they get too much of the white (there's a much bigger explaination, but I won't bore you :) ). there's can be deafness involved in the white puppies, and alot of times breeders will just euth. the white puppies instead of waiting to see if they're deaf :(

freedomdreams

yeah, it's caused by breeding 2 flashy fawns together, usually, so they get too much of the white (there's a much bigger explaination, but I won't bore you :) ). there's can be deafness involved in the white puppies, and alot of times breeders will just euth. the white puppies instead of waiting to see if they're deaf :(
She was actually asking about the separation anxiety :) but I did learn something new ! I didn't know that a lot of breeders did that, well Bentley is definitely not deaf thankfully :)

charmedwolf

Staff member
Bentley is adorable!! I love the little dot on his forehead.

Gordy- I had 3 Boxer litter mates and 2 of them had separation anxiety. I'd say it probably runs through Boxers more than other breeds.

walkadilley

Beautiful boxer. I just got my first boxer in January. I rescued him from Florida Boxer Rescue and he is two years old. He too has separation anxiety. I had no idea it ran in the breed. I just assumed it was because his previous owner tied him up out back and never gave him any attention. My Brutie is such a cuddle bug too.