Beef Heart

F

freakylime

Whats a good size to slice them down into? Too small and it's as if the dog never got a treat.. To big and it's lunch, not a snack!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I slice them up in 1/4" thickness; you can also slice them in cubes for easy delivery, I prefer to keep them in slices and just rip a chunk out.

harry

My dalamtion dog like to eat chicken and beef and I think he will enjoy this treat. I will try to made this dish for him and I think he will enjoy it

Dodge

:)I got some lamb hearts today and cooked it the same way,had three boxer's drooling by my side (y)
I ve normally just used liver (boiled and baked ) but this makes a nice change,thank you!

(I accidently bought kidney's once and wasnt sure if I could do the same . . . so chucked them in the bin:oops: can you cook kidneys like this,too,does anybody know?) :D

mewzard

Experienced Member
Dodge, you probably can but they shouldn't have too much. Oka was given kidney as a meal once a week - I say was because she won't eat the stuff :rolleyes:, even removes them from the rabbits she gets.

Dodge

:)oooh,better not bother getting them at all then,me finks:Dthank you,x
Will stick to liver and hearts(y)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"Whats a good size to slice them down into? Too small and it's as if the dog never got a treat.. To big and it's lunch, not a snack!"//

To me, it depends on what i am doing with my dog. If i am training him, and he may get, 20 treats or more in only half an hour, the treats ARE PEA SIZED.
Dogs do NOT care
how big a treat is, at all!!! {<---myth.}

Watch your dog study your kitchen flooor, :giggle: even a crumb is worth that bother TO A DOG. No crumb is too small for a dog to enjoy. I might give bigger treats, and more lavish, enthusiastic praise, if he has a breakthrough moment, etc, but, otherwise, for TRAINING, it is pea sized.
sometimes, on days Buddy has had extensive training (lots of treats) his dinner meal is reduced in size. This is another reason i only use healthy treats, (usually bits of real actual meat, or hotdogs, or my "Hiding Veggies" cookies in thread called "Project" in recipe section)
Having had one chubby dog (he was chubby when i met him) i will never ever ever have another chubby dog!!