Banned Dog Breeds

MaryK

Honored Member
MK - Please forgive our rudeness!!! Veronica meant to thank you for the lovely comment about her sweet face and for noticing that she is quite a dainty little lady!!!
No rudeness noticed and I know it wasn't intended. I too sometimes overlook something, then feel awful after, too easy to do with so much happening in all the posts here.:)

Loved the pic SG used in the vid of Veronica and you, really showed just how sweet and lovely she is. Please give Veronica a big HUG from me.:love: She really is a lovely, dainty little lady.:love:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
No rudeness noticed and I know it wasn't intended. I too sometimes overlook something, then feel awful after, too easy to do with so much happening in all the posts here.:)

Loved the pic SG used in the vid of Veronica and you, really showed just how sweet and lovely she is. Please give Veronica a big HUG from me.:love: She really is a lovely, dainty little lady.:love:
Veronica would love nothing more than a big hug; followed by several kisses, more hugs, more kisses...she could go on forever!!

Evie

Experienced Member
Great speech!

Being a uni student and all, I can't help but point out that you have a few grammatical errors that will need to be fixed up if this is also a written piece for school? buttttt if it's just an oral then I'm being picky for no reason - SORRY, not trying to be rude.
(PM me if you want to know what they were :p)

Very interesting about the restrictions they put in place in the UK and just how well it obviously didn't work!

I don't know how long your speech needs to be, but maybe since you're saying that the breeds obviously shouldn't be banned, and that banning doesn't work, maybe put something in an alternative strategy to make the public safer around dog. For example you could suggest making it mandatory for dog owners to perhaps have a permit to own dogs or something like that - similar concept to a drivers license. If you do the wrong thing, it gets taken away, so you are no longer able to drive a car or in this case own a dog. Then people who are caught doing the wrong thing (eg. animal abuse/neglect/dog fights) can have their permit revoked and dogs removed?

It would be really cool if everyone had to learn and sit a test about animal behaviour and training BEFORE they went and bought a dog lol. But that will never happen... BUT I CAN DREAM! :D

Anyway, great speech! Sorry if i rambled on a little.... but I could talk on this topic for hours lol

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank you Evie. I fixed the errors before I turned it in. I would have added more to the essay, but I had to read it in front of the class(15% of the grade):( so we were only aloud to have it so long. Thank you for your suggestions.
It would be really cool if everyone had to learn and sit a test about animal behaviour and training BEFORE they went and bought a dog lol. But that will never happen... BUT I CAN DREAM! :D
Yes, that would be really cool.

I don't mind the rambling at all. I could also talk about this topic for hours.:D

kcmetric

Great speech!
For example you could suggest making it mandatory for dog owners to perhaps have a permit to own dogs or something like that - similar concept to a drivers license.
I know you use at as an example but just an addition to that point I feel I should say I think there would be a huge problem with it (I mean no disrespect). While it would be ideal and in theory it sounds nice the problem is where do we start to draw the line on who would be a good dog owner? People who have an income of more than 60k a year? People who have big fenced in yards? Singles? Married folks? No children in the household? Being in the foster business there's an issue already with a lot of people that are rejected because they don't have a fenced yard. And yet they would make excellent dog candidates, maybe because they go backpacking every weekend and compete their dogs in agility or something, ya know?

Evie

Experienced Member
Completely understand. I can't adopt as I don't have a fence, yet I live on a 30 acre farm, perfect for a working breed.... Like my Evie. There would have to be a way to do it though.... but would require a little more thought than I put into that lol

ben grimshaw

that list is just ridiculous!!! funny how the jack russel terrier isnt on there. 8/10 i see when out walking max are crazy.......... but ignored due to there size.......... now a 40kg jack russel i would run away from :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aussie/dallover

Thought I should mention that service dogs do not count for any of the banned dogs in the United States. Say I had a Pit Bull service dog in Denver, CO where there is a ban on the breed. If they were to tell me I could not have my service dog due to breed they can get a very very expensive fine and maybe even jail time for committing a felony due to violating the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act that was set up years ago.

kcmetric

You would of course, in order to make that claim, have to have a legally qualifying disability and the dog must be task trained. Otherwise you, yourself, are committing an illegal act and are being unfair to those who truly have a disability and require a service dog.

This is not to say I think anyone here would lie about the need for having a service dog, but as an ADA and service dog activist I feel I always have to emphasize this.