Are You a Psycho?

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
I can't seem to add my video to the video gallery, so I will just post it here. This is a short video of Storm doing her "Are you a psycho?" trick. Sorry about the junk in the background, the house is under serious renovations. Enjoy!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_D41JHfbQg[/MEDIA]

Hey that's a great trick. We are working on that too. I would say "what do you think" and Cannoli would shake "no." I think it's one of the coolest and cutest tricks out there. Unfortunately, I have found this incredibly hard to train as I have been limited to clicking and treating whenever she naturally shakes. I tried water, putting towels on her, blowing in her ear and she really didn't like those methods. How did you go about teaching this? Thanks!

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
Hey Cannoli,

I used the blowing in the ear method. What is your dog doing when you blow in her ear? Storm didn't like it either, but I was able to put her in a sit/stay and do it anyway. Once she became desensitized to that I started tickling the hair in her ears with my fingers. I thought she would never do it without me having to touch her, but one day she just did it.

Hey Achieve,

Thanks for the advice. How long did this take to train? Right now, Cannoli does not like when we blow in her ear. She will bark and run away. I think I will try your methods and see what happened. Let's see what happens when I try to keep her in the sit? Thanks,

achieve1dream

Experienced Member
I worked on it for probably half an hour the first day and it was maybe three days later that she finally did it on her own. She isn't 100% with it. She prefers to do it when she wants something rather than when I cue for it. But then again the spoiled brat rarely does any of her tricks consistently if I don't have a treat. Good luck and let us know how it goes.