anything and everything

laurie7

Just curious as to what things other than regular dog food everyone's dogs eat. Emma(schipperkee) eats EVERYHING almost that we eat. I initially discovered this when we stopped at McDonalds one day shortly after we adopted Emma. I ordered a burger for her (no bun) and they served it on a lettuce leaf. She CHOWED the lettuce! I began experimenting and found that she is wild about veggies-peas, and gren beans especially carrots-not into broccoli or calaflauer(?) and since we are a mixed race family, we eat a lot of refried beans. Suprise! Emma loves them. She also eats potatoes(mashed especially well),cucumber (no pickles), tomatoes, watermelon, cantelope, green grapes (cut up very small of course so no choking), mandarin oranges, apples-red and green, peaches and pears. She likes meat of course-roast beef, chicken,hamburger, ham and pork chops,as well as tuna. I do not give her meat bones to chew on as I have heard that they can splinter. Most times she eats what we are having and barely touches her dog food. Is there any foods that dogs are not supposed to eat? I have heard no onions or chocolate, but that is about it. Oh and I think she may be part chihuaha- she loves tortillas and jalapenos too! What a goof!!

alee

My husky loves pepermints, and ice cubes. Although he doesn't like pretzels, unless i give them to him, if anyone else gives him a pretzel he spitz it out. Oh and if the green grapes are what I am thinking about, you should not feed them to your dog, i heard on a show that they can attribute to kidney failure in a dog.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Pami eats dogfood in general, this is what we train with, and everything.
I keep "normal" food for jackpots... But those are almost anything. From saussage to spinach... :LOL:

snooks

Experienced Member
grapes are contoversial so i would hesitate to risk it when there is so much else they like. :)

heidib860

I've heard grapes aren't good for dogs. Max doesn't get feed regular food except for maybe for some cheese but that's rare since too much cheese could cause problems too. I keep his treats to bones and store bought dog treats.

storm22

Experienced Member
luka eats anything and everything, he once ate sushi with wasabi on it and he loved it, he likes spicy food if you have some you really gotta watch your plate cause he will devour it when your not looking,

storm likes ripe fruit but he loves sour blackberries (he picks them off a vines- or whatever it is- himself)

koda likes fruit shes loves oranges, so i found out when i came home i found a whole lot of orange skins littering the backyard and a not so good looking pup (my aunt put them on my back step) koda ate about 10 big oranges, she has learnt to slow down her fruit eating and she loves kiwifruit too

but all my dogs have veges sometimes and i share my fruit if they want it, i think the human food they all go crazy for (i found storm sitting in a window sill watching me eat) is hangi a traditional new zealand way we cook food it is good and the dogs always want some