any ideas

kimba09

we have a 9month old siberian husky so far weve thought her to sit, stay, lie down, give the paw and were looking for ideas and tips on what to teach her next. thanx:dognowink:

golden1

How about roll over and spin for the next two.

If you are unsure about how to teach these or other tricks youtube is a great place to find trick tutorials and there are tons and tons of dog training videos there.

kimba09

yes we taught her to come but sometimes when were out in the park or when people are around she gets excited and wont listen. any tips? tanx

cindyv

-I always give a food reward when teaching come-it will get their attention the best and make you more important then other stuff in the environment, which is what you want!

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Or if the food doesn't work, you can use a tug toy, and play with him when he comes back.
If he is toy crazy of course. :)

snooks

Experienced Member
How about some nose and paw targeting. It's a great way to create thousands of other behaviors like shake paw, ask to go out, come, look at me, fetch my keys etc etc.

Lie on side is a good prelude to triming nails, cleaning ears, brushing, cleaning muddy paws, and makes a good intro to dead dog BANG! :dogbiggrin:

Start now and every day or at least every week practice gently holding ur dogs paws losely and pushing lightly on nails to get used to trimming them, check his ears and teeth like the vet would and make the vet happy, and hold or teach ur dog be still for just a second at first and work up (example for a blood draw or shot). You'll have a calmer dog at the vet and u'll be a lot less stressed.