Any idea... Frisbee dog?

tricks4days

How do you start a frisbe dog? I mean start, start. I've got a 1yr old that was born for it. He is already chasing and picking up the disc. What do I do now?:msniwonder:

dat123

Experienced Member
tricks4days;9392 said:
How do you start a frisbe dog? I mean start, start. I've got a 1yr old that was born for it. He is already chasing and picking up the disc. What do I do now?:msniwonder:
Hi, welcome to the academy.

Normally to introduce your dog to frisbee, you would do "rollies" , which is just rolling the disc along the ground on its edge similiar to a bowling ball. The dog gets used to it moving and tracking ( watching it's path with it's eyes ) . Small distances to start around 2-3 metres. When the dog has done that sucessfully, you can start with short throws to him, being face to face with him a metre apart, throw the disc soft and flat.

sarhaspups

Too bad you don't live near me Dat! I need frisbee training help big time. :) I actually want to start meeting with a frisbee club here. They meet once a month at a park and just practice and help novice people with problems they are having. Maybe you can find a group/ club like that?
Good luck!! I hope you do better than I do with training it. I never knew it was so hard to teach. LOL. :) Or maybe it is handler error. :)