Another Deaf Dog Demo Next Weekend!

sara

Staff member
We've been asked to do another demo on deaf dogs next weekend... I'm excited and nervous, as I have been for the 4 other demo's I've done. I've asked 2 other deaf dog owners to join us, as I want people to see that you dont have to train the heck outta them to have a good pet... I dont want people thinking that it's just me, that I am somehow a supertrainer that can train deafies, but that regular people cant. So I'm bringing the Photobook that Scout and Mouse are in, and hopefully the 2 other owners can make it. One is an English Bulldog, and the other is a deaf Husky pup. I'm going to work on getting Mouse to push the ball forward... a new trick for people to see... and work on Boo's tricks alittle more... it's too bad it was such short notice (I was asked this weekend) but we should make a decent showing!

I'll be able to make a decent video out of it with my new camera! So I'm hoping we dont screw up much, but then, I have editing software if we do!!! LOL

sara

Staff member
Well the luck will be used today! It's RAINING!! UGGH, poor Mouse and Scout are gonna be PISSED! LOL Boo doesn't mind the rain. it's only 4am so hopefully it'll quit by the time the demo is on this afternoon.

On a side note, Mouse will be able to wear her Vancouver Canucks Jersey (it's ADORABLE!!!)
Here, I'll show you how cute she is! (this was last summers camping trip, she liked the fire!)

The Canuks are only one game away from their FIRST STANLEY CUP EVER!!!

running_dog

Honored Member
I wish I could come and watch, even in the rain, I'd love to see your dogs. You'll have to teach them to carry toy umbrellas before your next demo! Mind you, umbrellas are really scary to Zac so probably your dogs wouldn't like them either :(.

Love the jersey, Zac likes wearing a coat when it is cold but I've never got him anything fancy, most of his are cut down from my old clothes :ROFLMAO: - he's a greyhound shape in a whippet size so nothing in the shops seems to fit properly.

sara

Staff member
I'll be making a video, so no worries, you'll get to see my pups... kinda! LOL Poor Ollie though, he has to stay home today :( He's so not going to be happy! It's usually the little ones that get left behind... not him!

Isi Havanese

(y)I can't wait to see it either! I just noticed you have a rescue web site on your posts. Is that a rescue that you are involved in? I know you have several deaf dogs. Do you think since they are deaf that they are more keenly aware of their environment? Such as able to follow hand cues and sensing your mood etc? Anyways, I am still new here and I am excited to see your handy&able dogs perform what others cannot get their Pure bred Pedigrees to do with all of there senses! You are doing a wonderful thing. I will check out your web site, I am curious where it is and what kind of dogs you have in need of their forever homes. I have volunteered in the past but due to my old but I stopped. I have had a recent job change, :DI am unemployed now:(no:DLOL ,keeping my chin up! Some day I would love to start my own local rescue. I am looking for a night shift 3 day a week position so perhaps I will be given the time I haven"t had in so long to do that now that my little ones are older teenagers. Anyways, I will check out your site now.:cool:

sara

Staff member
Sorry to disappoint you all... it POURED rain, and the dogs had very little interest, and so did the people that were there... my dogs did not want to work, and neither did my friends dogs who were doing the Canine Freestyle demo... spoiled rotten mutts who dont want to get wet! LOL

I do have a video of the half-assed job we all did, and I may upload it anyway... Scout looked alright, Mouse and Boo were atrocious and Donna's dogs bombed as well... We all looked kinda stupid out there.

To help you all over the disappointment, I do have some fairly good pics... tee hee

Mouse and Boo beside the Deaf Dog Photobook

Another of Mouse and Boo... check out their fancy clothes (YES that IS a Vancouver Canuks Jersey Boo is wearing, and that IS Mickey Mouse on Mouse's hoodie LOL)

Tonto and Pepsi, My friend's Poms

True, my friend's BC

and Scout

The only dogs who WOULD work... The Police Dogs!!!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, divas. "It's raining Mom, you expect me to work in these conditions?" Too funny. True is pretty. ^^ Is he deaf as well or no?

sara

Staff member
No, True's not deaf, she was doing the Canine freestyle demo. She's good at everything, she does agility, flyball, canine freestyle, her obedience is top notch, and she helps rehab aggressive dogs. Tonto and Pepsi do some Canine freestyle. So we each had 3 dogs at the demo.

running_dog

Honored Member
I suppose that is the difference between dogs that play at work and real working dogs that have to go out in all weathers, I'm glad that the police dogs don't go on strike every time it rains!

With Mouse and Boo looking so cute in their jackets and Scout having such a super cool expression no one should have needed to see them doing tricks! Just think, they were fed up because they were there in the rain while poor Ollie was moping head on paws at home because he didn't get to go :)

Maybe practice doing tricks in the shower before next time? :LOL: You only need to get one trick cast iron in the rain, start with holding up a sign that says, "Are you going to work in the rain?" Dog shakes head... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sara

Staff member
HA HA HA HA HA! I think I'll have to train that one... but I'll have to make a sign they can read... cuz people will KNOW we're faking that one! LOL