Anatolian Shepherd Dog

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! I'm not sure about the breed/s, but certainly a gorgeous dog!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome. He's beautiful:love: Not too sure about his breed but he's going to make some lucky person a wonderful companion:love:

Mutt

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!
Well sorry but I see no similiarity at all with the anatolian shepherd, but who cares the dog looks geat!
Why: mostly because anatolians are much more bigger (like 60/70 cm heigh), have a powerfull built and the fur color isn't right (but this ould be do to a mix with a other breed).
I would say jack russel mix (in dutch we call them jack hussel) or boerenfox, those are mixes you see a lot here in holland, don't know if there is a name for them in english, but those are jack x foxterrier (x terrier).

Mutt

Experienced Member
Ooh the dog in your link is also no anatolian (mix), in fact he doesn't even look like one even a little bit (but he sure looks like a great dog!), since he came from a kill shelter (;() I think they just guessed a (wrong) breed.

MaryK

Honored Member
Just googled Anatolians and agree I cannot see any resemblance but hey he's a GREAT dog, so it doesn't matter really about his mix:D. Still not overly sure about my boy's mix, just know he's a grand fellow and 'my' boy:D

MaryK

Honored Member
The Boerenfox head and eyes look a bit like my boy, but not sure if there would have been any of the breed in the area he was born, more cattle/sheep dogs.

I agree do see some Terrier in the other doggy.