Anatolian Shepherd Dog

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by briezim, Aug 7, 2012.

1. briezim New Member

Brian Zimmer
    Ann Arbor, MI

Lab owner and dog foster. Trying to guess the breed of our current foster dog. I stumbled on your site through search and there was image of dog similar to out foster [Tanner].

initially described as Boxer/Pointer. I recall seeing Anatolian Shepherd dogs with similar appearance.

BZ TANNER.jpg
    Anneke, MaryK and Dogster like this.

2. Dogster Honored Member

Welcome!!! Very cute pup!!!!:love: He sounds like a GREAT dog!!! Fast learner too!!!:)
  3. sara Moderator

Welcome to the DTA! I'm not sure about the breed/s, but certainly a gorgeous dog!
  4. MaryK Honored Member

Welcome. He's beautiful:love: Not too sure about his breed but he's going to make some lucky person a wonderful companion:love:
  5. Mutt Experienced Member

Welcome to DTA!
    Well sorry but I see no similiarity at all with the anatolian shepherd, but who cares the dog looks geat!
    Why: mostly because anatolians are much more bigger (like 60/70 cm heigh), have a powerfull built and the fur color isn't right (but this ould be do to a mix with a other breed).
    I would say jack russel mix (in dutch we call them jack hussel) or boerenfox, those are mixes you see a lot here in holland, don't know if there is a name for them in english, but those are jack x foxterrier (x terrier).
    MaryK likes this.
  6. Mutt Experienced Member

Ooh the dog in your link is also no anatolian (mix), in fact he doesn't even look like one even a little bit (but he sure looks like a great dog!), since he came from a kill shelter (;() I think they just guessed a (wrong) breed.
    MaryK likes this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Just googled Anatolians and agree I cannot see any resemblance but hey he's a GREAT dog, so it doesn't matter really about his mix:D. Still not overly sure about my boy's mix, just know he's a grand fellow and 'my' boy:D
  8. Mutt Experienced Member

anatolian shepherd:

jack russel:

mmmh maybe not boerenfox after all, but I defenitely see some terrier!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  9. MaryK Honored Member

The Boerenfox head and eyes look a bit like my boy, but not sure if there would have been any of the breed in the area he was born, more cattle/sheep dogs.

I agree do see some Terrier in the other doggy.