Allergic to meat?

lucy97

My dog (Lucy) is allergic to meat:msnsad:. She can only eat Lamb and rice. Does anyone have a treat recipe that does not include meat of any sort?:msngrin:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Frozen stuffed kongs are a favorite of my three dogs. You're limited only by your imagination, and when you freeze them it takes them a long time (and mental energy) to work at them and get the goodies out. Stuff them with peanut butter, cream cheese, or use applesauce and some kibble, or broth and some kibble (or pieces of lamb). I recently made a homemade "frosty paws" using plain frozen yogurt, some peanut butter, a little honey, some banana, blended it, spooned it in a kong (obviously plug the small end), froze it over night, HUGE HIT! They loved it, and I had enough to make several. Can your dog have fish or venison? You could make some, and use that in place of the lamb in the kong also on occasion. Just use your imagination. It may not sound good to you, but I haven't met a dog yet who doesn't love a good frozen stuffed kong - especially now with hot summer days.