Accidental Success!

Dodge

I have tried to teach Dodge to keep a treat on his nose a few month back,well he didnt like it very much to put it nicely,kept turning his head away as soon as I tried placing the treat on his nose and so didnt keep on trying,I want him to like doing the tricks and enjoy the training.
Well yesterday we was playing with a tennisball in the lounge and as he sat really calm and nicely tried to put the ball onto his nose . . . blow me down with a feather,HE DID IT!! I could ve kicked myself,cause I didnt have the clicker at hand:censored:!!!!
So tried it later on last night with the clicker and he held still for a couple of seconds,yeeeepeeeee.
Today,only just actually,done it again with the clicker and he held it for ten seconds ))piow,me on the floor with excitement((
Ooooh my clever little boy :ROFLMAO:didnt think he would ever do this :LOL:

Ina

Dodge has trained you well ... I can just imagine his little face with the ball on his nose thinking "I wonder what she will do when I hold this ball on my nose for 10 seconds" - "cool - it makes her roll on the floor" :D

I got so excited today because my little boy was holding a basket in his mouth for .. well maybe 3 seconds. :)

Dodge

:ROFLMAO:he s got me wrapped round his little paw!!!!
Awwww,well done Smokey,what kind of basket?I luuuurve it when they do new things,my poor friend had to endure a demonstration at lunchtime (she pops in for her lunch for half hour,for coffee and a chat) :LOL: (she s not a dog owner and I m sure she must think I m off my trolley getting excited about these little things:LOL:)

Dodge

:)got a piccy :love:

:love:bless him :love:
He actually tilts his head back a little now,but with me fiddling with my phone he tried to keep an eye on me,too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ina

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ! His eyes just talk so much.
Well - from the other message - send him over to me when you go on holidays ;-) But he might come back with an australian accent bark :D

I tried to take a pic of Smokey and the basket, but it's too early. It's just a small basket that can hold hmm.. 2 apples maybe. Just right for his size though.

Dodge

:sneaky:if I would get him over to Australia,I would have a few weeks with ya,too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(would never happen,I cannot stand spiders,brrrrrrrr, hubby wants to come over,but I ve got my heels dug firmly in the ground,aint gonna happen:LOL:) thank you for your offer though:D
My,his eyes can tell stories,lol,he s got so many expressions (well,I think so:LOL:)
Aww,cant wait for a piccy,what do you want him to do with the basket? Would be perfect to tidy up after the kids :ROFLMAO:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Omg, that is the most adorable picture!!! His expression is priceless!! :p Isn't that wonderful?? Sometimes they just need a break for a little while, then it's like suddenly it dawns on them what we want - oh, she wantd me to do THAT?? Pft, I can do it, watch this!!! :LOL: (And here's hoping that all along, they're not thinkin' .. I'm holdin' this out for a while, then one day I'll knock her over with my intelligence, and she'll think I'm soooo cute!!!) :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ina

Aww,cant wait for a piccy,what do you want him to do with the basket? Would be perfect to tidy up after the kids :ROFLMAO:
It's a long term plan - to bring whatever is in the basket to a specific person. So if the kids want an apple, I plop it into the basket and say "find Michael" for example. It would save me lot's of walking up and down the stairs ;-)

Dodge

:ROFLMAO:lol,you MUST be a pet pschychologist,you really must be,you ve understood my lazy arse pooch without even meeting him in person,rofl:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thank you Jackie:love:

Dodge

It's a long term plan - to bring whatever is in the basket to a specific person. So if the kids want an apple, I plop it into the basket and say "find Michael" for example. It would save me lot's of walking up and down the stairs ;-)
:love:awwww,thats to cute,best of luck with teaching your cute little guy,looking forward to cutie-pies pics:love: