Abused Dog

southerngirl

Honored Member
Update
So I had decided to wait until I saw the dog again before calling the pound to see if it's living conditions have improved. I went to my sisters sunday and she said he was doing much better. He know runs free in there fenced in yard and get clean water and food every day. They also cleaned up the yard and his igloo. I am soo happy that these people straitened up and took responsibility for their dog, but it stills angers me so much that they would ever treat this sweet boy so horribly.
He actually might have prevented my sister from having an intruder in her house. He was barking like crazy it sounded like he was outside her window so she woke up to see a flashlight shining through her window her husband went outside with a gun scaring off the intruder.
I will keep an eye on him and my sister is also checking up on him everyday.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Update
This dog is still not in an ideal situation, but is a lot better. He is no longer underweight!:D His living conditions are not disgusting any more. I say not ideal because he is kept in a very small kennel and his collar is too tight. My mom tried taking it off but couldn't because he was so happy to have attention, I'm going to get it off next time I go over and try to buy one that fits. From what my sister has told me the owners are an older couple and really sweet, I guess they're just ignorant when it comes to dogs. I'll take pics and post them next time I go over.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
So sweet of you to keep your eye on this sweet boy and make sure he's ok. Sometimes people really aren't trying to be mean or neglectful, sometimes it really is a case of ignorance (altho it sure it hard to understand, sometimes!:confused:). So glad it sounds like they're at least trying -- and I'd say he sure saved your sister from a bad encounter and paid her back big time, huh? Barking and scaring off an intruder - that's amazing! What a good boy!! :cool: Thank you for caring about him!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Read through this post and you really are very sweet, kind and caring to take care of this wee doggie and also to educate his owners. It does amaze me though that people are so ignorant, filthy water is filthy water doesn't take a genius to know that's harmful to any dog, human or anything on this planet. But at least they're trying.

And what a wonderful boy to save your sister from an intruder! :cool:

Thank you Southerngirl for caring about this little dog.

LeviTheOutlaw

I hate to hear when dogs are being mistreated. I'm so glad that things are improving for him. There is a dog that lives near by that is chained and lives outside. I have been thinking about doing the same thing... call and report it to the local animal shelter.