About Comfy Cone Dog Collar?

sara

Staff member
Your dog needing surgery? It looks good, actually! Anything's better than those hard plastic E-collars! (e-collar as in Elizabethan not electric!)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Yes, i so agree with Sara. Our last dog had to wear one after surgery, and it was horrible. He could not even walk in that cone-colllar...
After a few hours of watching the dog be miserable about the cone collar, i said to Craig, "That's it, either we have to get valium for the dog, or get some for me.:LOL: I can't watch this."

so we ended up taking off the cone collar, and taking turns watching the dog to keep him from pulling out his chest tubes, and only put it on him at night if no one could stay awake to watch over the dog.
And i also taught dog "leave it" about his chest tubes. And we watched him like a hawk. cuz we knew we were stupid to take off cone collar and risk dog pulling at his chest tubes, so we watched dog so so close.
-----------------That solution would not work for every home, but, it's what we did.

I recently saw some better solution for a cone-collar, and thought, "wow, that's clever, wish we'd had that for Toby.." but now i can't recall what it was.

but, if you have to use a cone collar, you have to use one.............it's a temporary thing after surgery,
for the long term health of the dog.

but wow, those are hard for some dogs. GOOD LUCK!! Is your dog having surgery?

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
It will work for most post-operative concerns, but not for any eye stuff. You need a rigid cone to keep the dog from rubbing his/her eye/face on things if that is the concern. Also the soft cone shaped collars can be bent or smashed down and still allow access to the wound.

I personally like the Soft-e-collar (scroll down on this page). There are a variety of 'alternative' collars out there though.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
YES! I think that Soft ecollar was what i saw once, it looks better, to me. Never used one, but, it looks more comfortable and less disabling to the dog....

i wonder if MIckey123 's dog is having surgery,
or if dog is just doing something Mickey doesn't like, or what....

or maybe Mickey123 just wants to buy an ordinary dog collar...?:ROFLMAO:

MICKEY! COME BACK! and help us know what it is you were looking for:ROFLMAO: