A Winter Dog Video!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I was at the park by my house the other day and thought I should record a video for my mom who lives 8 hours away. So I figured I would share it with you guys too!!!

P.S. I had the long line on Onyx because I was training her (that park isn't 100% secure so I don't risk it). I should have removed it before letting play but ... too late now.

This is how they play all the time in my backyard... They are not fighting, it's actually small nips, they both do it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5mLyTZ1Qg[/media]

l_l_a

Awww....that was a wonderful video Jean, thanks for sharing! I'm sure your mom will love it too! They both seemed to be having such a blast! :)

I just love watching dogs playing (playing nicely that is, not one dog bullying another!) , you can see the pure natural joy radiating from them as with Onyx and Chase.

I also think it's great to see videos of dogs playing with each other, because many people especially new owners may not recognize dog play from signs of potential trouble and can get overly paranoid and prevent their dogs from interacting naturally or even deny them the opportunity to socialize at all. For example, the part of the video at around 1:50 when Chase was on the ground and Onyx on top - I've seen people at the dog park freak out when their dog is in Chase's position, they think their dog is being attacked or just don't like to see their dog in a compromised position even though really it's harmless and the dogs are having fun in a very natural way. (But usually after they've been regulars at the dog park for awhile they learn to recognize true play, even when the play is rough but still harmless, versus real signs of conflict.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! :)

I got a little scared at the end there when the long line might have gotten caught on chase. Luckily it didnt. :)

storm22

Experienced Member
your dogs looked to be having so much fun there i dont know what storm would do in snow hes never seen it we live in a sunny area

marieke

I wanne be a dog too and play in the snow!!!

I'm taking Guus to visit my aunt and uncle today. They live near the sea and dunes and Guus just loves their dog Random. I should bring my camera and post a video of them playing too. Random is rather slow so she just stays at one place while Guus is running around her, jumping on her and over her. It's great fun for them.

storm22

Experienced Member
my dad was going for a run the other day and he stopped to called his foxy out of some trees (he loves finding rabbits) and this manky looking pup came out and crawledup to him of course being my dad he hadto bring her home and care for her hes been intouch with the spca and dog pound but it looks likes hes keeping her she really good shes about 4-5months old and looks kinda great dane-mastiffish (not sure exactly) ill get a photo of her but i took koda over there and they played hard for about an hour then both were tired but not willing to give up they looked so cute

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Looks like so much fun!!! :doglaugh:
I heard on the news that it's below zero all over Canada! You must be very cold. Brrr! Lol. Onyx and Chase look like good snugglers to me, haha! They look like they're enjoying themselves. ^^
Our weather was exactly the opposite in Texas today. Comfortable, but a little windy. Not too hot, not too cold. It was nice. ^^ My mutts and I played too...but in the dirt and dead grass. Not as fun. x-x And not the same way. Lol. But nevertheless, still fun. :dogsmile: Nice vid, Jean.

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
They looked like they were having so much fun. We haven't had any snow in the south of the UK this year - doubt very much we'll get any now:dogsad: Milo's not seen snow yet.

Sue