A Poll

How often do you give your dog a bath?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snuggles

If you answer other please comment telling me how often it is. Also every one that does the poll please comment saying the breed of your dog. Thanks! :)

southerngirl

Honored Member
My dog is a Border Collie/ Labrador Retriever, she gets baths monthly because I give her flea treatment every month. Also her coat gets nasty.

Dogster

Honored Member
For Shivon, it depends. (She's a lab/whippet mix) Sometimes once a month, sometimes once every two months. We do wipe her down after dog parks, walks, etc.:) I don't think she needs to be bathed a lot. I use a special natural soap bar for dogs:rolleyes: I thought t would get rid of her after-bath dandruff...:whistle:

Anneke

Honored Member
I have two Australian Shepherds. And they only get a bath when neccessary. Meaning when they smell really bad, or when their coat is so dirty, it won't get clean after a good brush.
It would probably come down to about 2 or 3 times a year.
But my dogs love to swim, so that really helps a lot.
I always say, I have selfcleaning dogs:D No matter how dirty they look, as soon as they are dry, they are clean again.
When I do wash them, I use a dog shampoo. And for Jinx a special shampoo for her white parts, as that tends to go a bit yellowish.

Snuggles

Thanks everyone for the comments. I bathe my dog weekly and occasionally every 2 weeks. He likes playing outside so he gets dirty a lot. :)

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Hmmmm - lets see:

Ayla - Newfoundland - sensitive skin - we use Silky Show once a month
Luka - Giant Schnoodle - sensitive skin - Silky Show once every 6 weeks
Knoxx - Papillon mix - every 4-6 weeks with a brightening shampoo
Pups - getting first bath tomorrow

Honored Member
Holly (pug x bichon foxy, she has a slightly wiry coat) get's bathed about every one to two months because that's about how long it takes her to start to stink.

Paris (Cavalier) doesn't get bathed much, she goes to the groomers about every three moths for a hair cut and bath.

sara

Staff member
Mouse and Boo get bathed around once a month, though Mouse swims in the bathtub 3 times a week (for exercise because of her bad foot)

Oliver gets bathed once a year, and he is the true self-cleaning dog! He never gets stinky, and the dirt dires and falls off, though my allergies get bad to him in the early spring (dont ask me why only then! LOL), so he usually gets bathed in March.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
I voted weekly.

Veronica has allergies and a special allergy shampoo and a dermatologist :rolleyes: who has instructed us to bathe weekly.

I actually like bathing her weekly and am happy to have the green light from the doc; she sleeps in bed with us and I like to stick her under the covers when it's cold.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
My 3 are Border Collies and we tend to do it when needed rather than say every month because its usually before that lol as they do love getting dirty. Especially Zara. It tends to not fall out as easily with Bella and Jenny so they def need a bath. I tend to bath them more after its been raining.

running_dog

Honored Member
Probably never :confused: , I wipe him over with a damp cloth or sluice off anything stinky does that count? Sometimes I dip his paws to clean them. He doesn't smell, barely sheds and dirt brushes off when dry. He's a "bitza" lurcher - bitza greyhound, bitza whippet, bitza border collie and bitza of saluki - or I guess you could probably call him a mutt :).

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Depends on the season.
WINTER--almost never

SUMMER----as needed, and if we are taking somewhere to show him off, cuz he does glow after baths.

SPRING/FALL-----SHEDDING SEASON---every two weeks for about a 4 to 6 week period while he blows out his coat, cuz bathing so so helps my dog knock off all his fur in one moment/one day, during bath days, and we get a week off of the nonstop fur falling!:ROFLMAO:

I use tearless puppy dog shampoo, for MY eyes as much as his!!:ROFLMAO:

Dogster

Honored Member
Probably never :confused: , I wipe him over with a damp cloth or sluice off anything stinky does that count? Sometimes I dip his paws to clean them. He doesn't smell, barely sheds and dirt brushes off when dry. He's a "bitza" lurcher - bitza greyhound, bitza whippet, bitza border collie and bitza of saluki - or I guess you could probably call him a mutt :).
I'm like you, LOL:ROFLMAO::notworthy: And Shivon doesn't smell either. Unless she has her own bath:sick:

MissyBC

Experienced Member
My dog Missy is a Border Collie. I bathe her only when necessary. (one week I bathed her twice and then a rinse off cause her paws got all muddy equaling 3 times in the tub!) I always try to make it a fun experience for her... but she's not the most tolerant of baths. She is getting better though!

Missy's last bath was on May 3rd. :)

Snuggles

My dog Missy is a Border Collie. I bathe her only when necessary. (one week I bathed her twice and then a rinse off cause her paws got all muddy equaling 3 times in the tub!) I always try to make it a fun experience for her... but she's not the most tolerant of baths. She is getting better though!

Missy's last bath was on May 3rd. :)
how are making a bath a fun experience for her? My dog hates baths and would like to make it a fun experience for him too.