A new poster

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi - I'm a new poster, altho I've been "lurking" around the site for quite a while. The site was recommended from another forum quite a while back, and I've really enjoyed it - I just never posted before, figured it was about time.

I have 3 dogs - 2 rescue GSDs - a 4 yr old female (Makena) and a 3 yr old male(Alfie), and an almost 14 yr old Aussie/BC mix girl (Bailey). I do lots of training with Makena, we're currently doing freestyle, it's loads of fun. Alfie is somewhat 'developmentally challenged' (prior to adoption - car accident), but just recently got his CGC, and is just as sweet as can be. We keep his tricks really simple, as he still loves to learn...just nothing too complicated. Bailey was my mom's soul dog, but she passed away a year and a half ago, so of course, there was plenty of room for her here, cuz that's what you do with family. She's still got lots of life in her. She's actually never really had any formal training, and I actually started some clicker training with her just for fun - she just loves it!

I'm looking forward to getting into the classrooms one of these days - so much to learn, so little time :dogtongue2:

maven

Hi Jackie,

Yep, that old saw about not teaching an old dog new tricks is just plain wrong. My 10-year-old Akita has been loving the clicker and he learns more quickly than the puppy most of the time. Of course, that could have something to do with focus. Nice to see you come out your hiding place :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome! I've worked with a few Aussie/BC mixes and my they are great. I really like them. :) Of course both breeds are amazing, lol. Kudos on rescuing your GSDs. Sounds like you are doing well with all of your dogs. Hope you enjoy the site, and good luck with Makena, Bailey, and Alfie! :dogsmile:

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Hi - I'm a new poster, altho I've been "lurking" around the site for quite a while. The site was recommended from another forum quite a while back, and I've really enjoyed it - I just never posted before, figured it was about time.

I have 3 dogs - 2 rescue GSDs - a 4 yr old female (Makena) and a 3 yr old male(Alfie), and an almost 14 yr old Aussie/BC mix girl (Bailey). I do lots of training with Makena, we're currently doing freestyle, it's loads of fun. Alfie is somewhat 'developmentally challenged' (prior to adoption - car accident), but just recently got his CGC, and is just as sweet as can be. We keep his tricks really simple, as he still loves to learn...just nothing too complicated. Bailey was my mom's soul dog, but she passed away a year and a half ago, so of course, there was plenty of room for her here, cuz that's what you do with family. She's still got lots of life in her. She's actually never really had any formal training, and I actually started some clicker training with her just for fun - she just loves it!

I'm looking forward to getting into the classrooms one of these days - so much to learn, so little time :dogtongue2:
Just scrolling through the intros to "meet" the people who were here before I joined last year.