A Long Night For Gus And Us

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL wanted to get and read the book Jackie recommended before posting again on this thread but royal mail is being soooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Thanks Mewzard :-)

Mary - I wanted you to laugh. I laugh at that sort of thing too. Even when I'm yelping in agony/scraping off poop I can hear the way my friends are going to laugh. But I get my own back because I laugh at their doggie incidents too :-)

See if you can get a laugh from this one... Me sitting on floor typing into laptop, Gus lying beside me calmly mouthing a tug toy, there's a sudden splintering sound and I refocus from the screen to find that as well as the tug toy the corner of the laptop is in Gus's jaws with splinters falling off it! Thankfully most of them glued back on. So you can think of me typing away on a uniquely chewed laptop :-)

A week later Gus's poodle blood brother, not to be outdone, put his teeth though a mobile phone.

It's the repetitive grind of training rather than the crisis that get me down!

But Gus has been super lead walking with me recently, he's still reactive at times but that's mostly obvious reasons like when we've walked round a corner and found a dog right there with no chance of avoidance or distraction. He walked great with me today with my friend and her dogs, though when angel puppy saw a strange dog and turned into raging monster my uninitiated friend nearly had a heart attack.

I think having a bombproof dog along on walks does help sometimes. Funny thing is that Zac is bombproof invisible dog when I have Gus with me but when Zac's on his own he is much less bombproof and more demanding - "look there's a tree! I wanna see that tree! well what about that lamp post? Awwwwww come on, cut me some slack here!" When Gus is there Zac walks just behind my right hand occasionally touching my fingers when he thinks it is his turn for a treat. Zac is one of the nicest dogs, he was so gentle with Gus when he knew he'd been to the vets, he would sniff the stitches and then let Gus get away with things that usually would trigger a mad rough house. They're back to their normal rough housing now :-)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Laughing so much, so pardon typos on a fully intact computer! that's priceless!!!!!!!!! Well you now have bragging rights to owning the only 'dog designed' laptop!!!!!!!! Now what did you expect??? Of course his blood brother couldn't be left out! Nothing like a dog designed mobile phone either!

Ra Kismet can add to this. His best effort though was to chew up the thingee which opens the car. I walked in and followed the trail of debris. First a small battery (thank goodness he didn't find that digestible), then some plastic, then a spring. Had me a tad puzzled for a while but then the penny drop!!!!!! And I had to explain to my partner that umm, errrrrh, ummm, Ra Kismet kinda tried to eat the car opening thingee. Not quite sure who was more in disgrace, Ra Kismet or myself, especially when partner found it cost AU$250.00 for a replacement. Apparently the entire unit had to be replaced, security and all that jazz! I tried not to get in the car until it was fixed, as partner, whilst turning the key and counting xxxx until xxx clicks had gone through, with each digit of the security code, would mutter some rather unsavory things about people who didn't put the car thing out of the puppy's reach and puppy's who thought it was a tasty snack.

Tried walking the two the other night. LOL Zeus decided it was a RACE and took off at top warp speed! Didn't know he came with jet propulsion but he did and almost left Ra Kismet and myself at the gate! And he's normally such a well mannered chap! Always thoughtful and considerate, even when attempting to snaffle some dropped take away food!

Can feel for you when Gus tuned into a raging tornado. Ra Kismet isn't quite that bad now when we meet a dog unexpectedly but he's not totally over his over reaction with other dogs and friends do get the shock of their lives when he 'performs':eek: