A Little Obedience Fun

Anneke

Honored Member
Nothing fancy, just a little fun.
I have never seen Jinx do heelwork. Ofcourse I do it, but I never made a vid of it. I like how happy she is doing it. But I'll have to work on getting that bounce out of it:ROFLMAO: She keeps trying to get the treat out of my hand...:rolleyes:
Oh and the part where I get Cooper and Jinx come next to me and Cooper sniffs the ground... It looks like I kick Cooper.... I DIDN'T!! I just stepped on the ground right next to his nose!
He was really distracted by Jinx her scent. She is in heat, poor guy. She has been driving him nuts:confused:

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous work, looked like it was a load of fun!!!!!!!!!!!:D I too love Jinx's bouncy heel, it really is too cute for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love: Poor Cooper, all that male testosterone, must be driving him crazy!!!!!!!!!!;):confused::rolleyes:

Linda A

Experienced Member
Very nice! I need to get out and work with my dogs on some obedience. We are way behind! LOL!

Would holding the treat a little higher possibly stop the dog from trying to get it?

Anneke

Honored Member
Very nice! I need to get out and work with my dogs on some obedience. We are way behind! LOL!

Would holding the treat a little higher possibly stop the dog from trying to get it?
Maybe, but then she doesn't hold her head towards me. I'm trying to get her to heel with her head "wrapped" around my leg. I don't want a heel where the dog looks straight up, I don't need eye contact. But she needs to move with my leg.
I started out with the treat on my leg or my hand as a target on my leg and I'm trying to fade that. So she is still trying to "touch"
Holding it higher is a step too far, for now, because then she just looks ahead. We will get there.
But the truth is... I don't really like heelwork, so I don't train it enough:oops: But she seems to like it.
Cooper on the other hand, dislikes heelwork. He just doesn't see the point. He will fall behind, so he can see where I'm going and follow my lead:D He doesn't heel, he follows, silly boy.:love:

Linda A

Experienced Member
Maybe, but then she doesn't hold her head towards me. I'm trying to get her to heel with her head "wrapped" around my leg. I don't want a heel where the dog looks straight up, I don't need eye contact. But she needs to move with my leg.
I started out with the treat on my leg or my hand as a target on my leg and I'm trying to fade that. So she is still trying to "touch"
Holding it higher is a step too far, for now, because then she just looks ahead. We will get there.
But the truth is... I don't really like heelwork, so I don't train it enough:oops: But she seems to like it.
Cooper on the other hand, dislikes heelwork. He just doesn't see the point. He will fall behind, so he can see where I'm going and follow my lead:D He doesn't heel, he follows, silly boy.:love:
What you say makes sense. I have never officially trained for obedience so there is a lot I do not know. I think I learned something by what you said! I have done Rally with Royal and got his RN title but we didn't have to worry about having his head in any certain position or any thing like that. He just had to stay with me. LOL!