7 year old husky-one problem

kddisimei

As I said before, I have a 7 year old siberian husky who occasionaly gets loose and runs the neiborhood. I need to teach her to not do this. Any ideas as to how i should go about doing this? I don't realy have the resources to do training lessons though. I need a do-it-yourself solution to this problem. Can anyone help me out?

lyka_01

just in case you remember on checking your post....

maybe your dog is always locked inside a cage or house. as training you could try walking him around the neighborhood from time to time. he'll soon get used to being out and thus making his curiosity less. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog Crates, Pet Crates. 30% OFF & FREE Shipping on Pet Crates and Dog Crates

Liam Crowe

I think you always locked your puppy in the house ... in such case she run behind the unknown persons when she feel free.first of all you should not locked her all time and meet her to your neighborhood and unknown persons time to time.
if you do not get and result after doing all these things you should consult with expert dog trainer.

mewzard

Experienced Member
As I said before, I have a 7 year old siberian husky who occasionaly gets loose and runs the neiborhood. I need to teach her to not do this. Any ideas as to how i should go about doing this? I don't realy have the resources to do training lessons though. I need a do-it-yourself solution to this problem. Can anyone help me out?
Husky's are neutorious for doing this! When getting a Husky I've often seen it recommended that the fence is a minimum of 6' and best with an overhang.
It's not that this person hasn't taken her/him out - it's just something that they do.

Knight and Khloe

Amen to that! We have recently added a 14 month female Husky and until she came, we had no worries with our Lab/Border. Now Khloe is teaching Knight her "Houdini" tricks and going on her own occasional 'walk abouts"!