southerngirl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I can't find the private messages. I just wanna say I've been active on Instagram, if you want follow us it's @laikasuperinteligentehusky
    Had a crazy week. Was spring break for school and since I work at a day care I was working very long days b/c I work with 6-12yr
    Trying to find a training class for Missy. They are so expensive. Have to pay for Behavioral assessment and the class.
    Cut Missy's nails for the first time. No blood so I say it went well. She did okay she really didn't like it, was a little jerky.
    Hectic week: family emergency, watching nephews & niece. The cause of this crazy Piper from lack of attention.
    Piper is learning Jump rope and Missy foot stall
    Reactions: kassidybc
    southerngirl
    southerngirl
    I will.
    I'm having a hard time getting Missy to stand on just my shoes(without them being on me, just the floor.)
    kassidybc
    kassidybc
    Is she used to standing on something so small?
    southerngirl
    southerngirl
    Yeah, I've gotten her to stand on small objects, but they where taller items. Thanks for the idea I'll try finding items that aren't tall maybe books.
    Drowning in fur! Missy's undercoat is coming out in clumps. I brush so much, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. ahh
    Piper learned jump into my arms. I must say catching a 50 pound dog is not as easy as 35pound Missy.
    running_dog
    running_dog
    Congratulations! Fantastic trick showing fantastic trust.
    southerngirl
    southerngirl
    Thank you. She learned it in just one short session 5 maybe 10 minutes.
    running_dog
    running_dog
    It's just if there is any element of wanting to asses the approaching dog Missy will be uneasy about giving you long eye contact away from it. I think that's why "look at me" didn't work well with Zac.

I think you would both enjoy a good training class if you can find one :-)
    southerngirl
    southerngirl
    Yeah I can see Missy having a very hard time looking at me knowing there is a dog passing beside her. I guess that's why luring her past dogs hasn't worked that well. She wants to look at the dog, to interact with them.

I've found a couple classes I'm interested in and are positive for reactive dogs.
    running_dog
    running_dog
    The difference in Zac with "look at that" is remarkable. He didn't even really want to look away from me for a running dog yesterday. Now if I'd have been asking him to "look at me"... LOL, not a hope!

I wish I'd explored the idea years ago when Tigerlily mentioned it had helped Buddy.
    It's tough, darned tough, I too remember Darkie, the first dog I remember having to put to sleep. Just be kind on yourself, and remember the Dog's Prayer. Chase will look peaceful, as if he's just in a deep, pain free sleep. Stay with him for a while and know his soul will cross the Bridge safely. Write me as much and whenever you want. I'm here for you.
    Danielle, am so sad over Chase. If you want to write to me, please feel free to, as I know and understand what you're going through. I know words do not and will not take the place of having Chase with you, but sometimes it helps to have another shoulder to lean on. All my love hugs Mary
    southerngirl
    southerngirl
    Thank you MaryK. This is the first dog that I remember putting to sleep. I really appreciate the offer and will take you up on it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…