What Breed(s) Of Dog Is The Best In Shows Or Compitions?

Which breed of dog is the best in shows or compititions?(Your personal choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sally Honna

When I was younger, I used to breed and show guinea pigs. We often sold them too. We had over 30 at one time, and that was a lot. I enjoyed going to the shows and winning ribbons and whatnot. We mainly went for fun, and that's what I think would be fun to do with dogs, when I have some spare time of course! Please place a poll up top if you haven't yet. If there is a different dog you want to enter but isn't one of the choices up top, just list it below. All the votes will be accounted for. Thanks!

reveuse

If you mean confirmation type shows i'd go one way , for things like agility , flyball , etc I'd probably vote another. But really it depends on the individual dog and also their personality , temperment, etc ?!?

whipple

Experienced Member
Whichever dog suits YOUR lifestyle. There is no point in getting a BC for conformation if thats all youre doing. Youll end up with a nuerotic crazy dog.
Pugs typically are not the greatest agility dogs, but if thats what suits your lifestyle, then go for it. There are different catagories for a reason. More popular breeds will have a harder time winning in conformation, since there is more competition, and thats completly different from sports.
Are you planning on breeding as well? If so absolutely pick a breed you love and can live with.

Personally I'm a BC fan. They can do anything imo. But they are in credibly high energy, high drive, high everything. So you have to make sure you can deal with that.

Caiti

Experienced Member
It completely depends on you, your lifestyle and the competitions you are thinking of. Border Collies, Labs, Autrailian Shepered dogs and other athletic dogs are great at canine sports such as agility and flyball, but need alot of exercise and space.

I think you should find a dog that fits your lifestyle, then worry about competitions. For example: You wouldnt want to get a border collie to show in agility, if you live in an apartment with no yard and hardly had time for it.