Staffordshire Frustration-elicited Agression

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you for the advice!
She is too young for the walks, she'll be clear to go to the street by March, 15.. Then, for sure I'm gonna take her to daily walks, so we can spend all that energy.
She is so adorable and I'm only having little problems, that we're working on.
I'm watching all the Kikopup videos and she uses P+, so I'm following!
I always reward her, she is so food driven, LOL! When it is food time I hand feed her while we do the training once a day and she is great! All it takes for her to behave is show her some food! kkkkkkkk
Understand she's too young for outside walks. It's a tricky time, but what I do with youngsters is to start 'leash training' in the garden, uses up some of that puppy energy as they have to focus on what they're doing. I know Kikkopup has a video on that, she's brilliant, so check it out.

She sure is adorable and yes your problems are little ones, but nevertheless frustrating at times, welcome to Puppyland:D She's got that mischievous gleam in her eyes:D

Keep following Kikkopups videos, we actually recommend them at the Dog School I attend and train through, she's that good!

LOL sounds like my monster Leaf, she's so food orientated she even got her nose wet at the break up Fun Night dunking for dog biscuits (like dunking for apples), sure proved me a liar, as I said she'd never do that - how wrong was I - and she HATES water! Does make training easier though when they're food orientated.:D

brody_smom

Experienced Member
That's a great advice!!!!
I'll try and follow your directions. A crate is really out of questions now, but mostly because because right now I don't have the money to buy one, just next month. I've spent a lot of money with supplies LOL. I've bought one Pet corrector, the air spray, so I can use when she barks and starts this behavior. I'll let you know if it works!!!
I had not heard of the Pet Corrector, but I just looked it up. It sounds like it is an aversive method, that is, it is a positive punisher, not a positive reinforcer. You are making a sound the dog does not like in order to interrupt her behavior. Better to use the positive interrupter (there's a kikopup video), like a kissy noise or something that you can train her with, rather than a gadget that you may not always have with you when you need it.

MaryK

Honored Member
Just looked it up too BM and agree, it's definitely an aversive method (and I sure wouldn't like anyone using it on my dogs as suggested in the sales blurb). This type of correction can and usually does, make the situation worse long term as it shuts down the dog.

The Kissy noise as Brody's Mom has said is really good and works well, especially if you have LOL a 'kissy' puppy!

Check the Kikkopup Video but stay away from the Pet Corrector.