Peeing Blood?

luckylego

Experienced Member
Hey guys..

So we took the girls for a trip to the park this morning to play fetch.. they were there for maybe an hour, if that, and were running constantly the entire time (they go HARD). Both were pretty exhausted afterwards but I didn't think much because they've done more in the past. When we got home however, I noticed Lego's pee seemed a bit dark, and as I walked over I noticed Streets squat down and pee as well.. It was almost straight blood.. The grass had bright red all over the area she went.

I read that strenuous exercise can cause this.. but I didn't think they went THAT hard today in comparison to how they usually are. I also cant confirm if this started after the exercise or before and I just didn't notice until afterwards. I've tried to get a hold of both my vet and my sister (a vet tech), but no dice.. and even if I could, I cant afford to bring her in until I get my long overdue paycheck on Wednesday.. and I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

Is there anything you guys can suggest? Something we could do to help from home in the meantime? Or does anyone have an idea of what could be causing it?

luckylego

Experienced Member
I'm happy to say that our vet came in on her day off to check the girls out, for fear they had ingested rat poison at the park.. and it turns out that they have both just contracted bad uti's, and will need to be on antibiotics for a bit.

I'd delete the original post if I could since the issue is resolved, but cant figure out how from my phone :(

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Also, anytime you have to put your dogs on antibiotics, it's a good idea to give them plain unsweetened yogurt with probiotics to replace the normal bacteria in their gut so they don't develop yeast infections. I learned that one the hard way!