Patience: 1,2,3 go!!

bocephus

Experienced Member
Hello all,
This is something we use mostly while visiting children at the Shriners hospital.
I use it for our Hide-n-Sneek game.
I have the pup Sit. Then pick one of the kids to be the designated counters. Making sure they know that the #3 is the magic number. Count long as you want but soon as you say 3Rrrufus will go and find me(sometimes I include someone with me in hiding). It is lots of fun for the kids. I can hear them count 1,2,5,6,7,4 they don't usually make it to long. Rrrufus says I am not a good hider because he finds me very quick:msngiggle:
Anyways I took this video with my camera out front in the field. It was kinda hard doing the video taping and trying to get them to pay attention but it will give you a general idea of what I am talking about. It isn't working I will try putting the link in maybe it will work then.
[MEDIA]http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l7/bigbadbocephus/?action=view&current=new105.flv[/MEDIA]

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I fixed the video not playing! :) That was confusing, lol.

I like your video! Hehe, you've done a good job training them and they listen to your voice really well. It's pretty cool how your release word is 3 instead of Okay like most of us, hehehe :)

bocephus

Experienced Member
Thank you Jean,
It was driving me bananna's trying to get it up there.
It would make allot nicer footage if I had someone else doing the taping.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
You can just put the camera on something, and than you don't have to hold it.
I get videos this way.

They are really great! :dogbiggrin::dogbiggrin:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I film all my tricks using alone using a tripod and a remote control! :dogsmile: But you are right, it would look nice if someone else were to film it, maybe your daughter??? :dogsmile:

l_l_a

yeah I think it's easier for many of us to have someone else hold the video camera so they can keep the camera on you and/or the dog(s) if you're moving around a lot. But it takes a lot of the spontaneity out of it!

bocephus

Experienced Member
She says she would be happy to film for me.
But we just had a major disaster while I was working late!!
Fire in the Kitchen!!
Minnesota ABBY our Golden Retriever,(We rescued her from Minn. other side of the US) saved the day and pretty much our whole house!! I'll give you all the story when I get all this mess taken care of!! It is not good:(
On a happy note NOONE was injured!!