Match Day

Honored Member
On Saturday our obedience trainer ran a fun match day for all her students. It wasn't official or anything, it was just to give everyone a taste of what it's like.

They had:
- Obedience (heel-work, call to front thing, 30 second sit-stay and 1 min down-stay)
- Rally-o (just an easy course)
- Agility (easy - four low jumps (didn't even have any bars on them), a tire jump, a tunnel and a wobble board)
- Fastest recall
- Flyball

I didn't end up taking any pictures myself because Holly competed in everything and in between that I had to take her out for breaks, but here are some pictures that the "professional" took (I don't think they are that good and wont be buying them, but you can see them with the logo on them, except the ones that I cropped so it just has Holly in it).

Here's Holly waiting to start the heelwork (the leash is attached to her collar, we had to use leashes and have to use collars, not the harness):

Here's her doing the heelwork:

Agility:

and flyball (she did actually manage to catch the ball when it came back down :D ):

We had a great day and Holly got 94/100 for Rally-o (she got distracted once and I made some mistakes)

And she got 47/50 for obedience (she didn't quite sit straight for the call to front thing (but she is normally very good at it) and I can't remember what else was wrong).

Overall she did very well considering it was the first time she has done stuff in front of so many distractions and without treats and was very good even when she started to get tired towards the end of the day :) .

Honored Member
I'm very proud of her :love: .

I think we might try doing a proper competition this summer if we can find a suitable one that isn't too big.
Holly will be a year old by then and she can already cope with the environment pretty well so she should be good :) .

And then next year, when she's 18 months she should be able to compete in agility straight away because she is doing very well in agility class too (she only makes mistakes when I mis-direct her, so it's my fault not hers) :)

I just wish they had a trick competition, Holly would win it, I don't think any of the other dogs in her obedience class really learn tricks :D .

She's such a good (except when she's naughty ;) ) little multi-talented dog :LOL:

SD&B

Experienced Member
Sounds like both of you did a great job. It's great when you can practice in different environments. You guys did really great for the first time, especially. Heck, it sounds like you did very well for even multiple times.:):):)

MaryK

Honored Member
Great job Holly(y):) Sounds like you both had a fantastic time.:)

Psst Holly BTW you'll have to click/treat your Mom so she learns not to make mistakes;):D