Lovley Litle Dachshunds

Which dach do you have?

• Total voters

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Hey, who has a dach in here?
Tell me all about your doggis

We have a longhaired standard dach named Alf. He is 2 years old and loves attention. When he is in the center of attention he is satisfied. If he isnt, he crawl upp in between who ever is speeking.

He loves to hunt, sleep and kiss. He has a best friend in our neighbours long haired dachshund Lexi, who is just 6 months younger.

Alf getts bored if he doesnt get lots of exercis and mental stimulation. He sleeps in our bed and loves chewing on bones.

sara

Staff member
I have 2 Black and Tan Double Dapple Mini Shorthairs. One is 3 years old, the other is 7.5 years old. Both are rescues, both from the USA, at different times, and no they're not related.

Mouse is deaf and nearly blind, with allergies to metal, half a back foot missing, sleep apnea, who hates to be alone... though she is smart as heck and the happiest dog I know!

Boo is deaf and nearsighted, with some resource guarding issues, and is a bossy, growly little guy... who's sweet as heck, and has a serious sense of humour LOL

Both spend as much time as possible on my lap, or snuggled up in bed with me.... Mouse especially seems to need to be in contact with something alive constantly (even a cat'll do in a pinch LOL)

Mouse likes walks riding in my coat, and gets her exercise swimming in my bathtub and wrestling with Oliver.

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Hey, who has a dach in here?
Tell me all about your doggis

We have a longhaired standard dach named Alf. He is 2 years old and loves attention. When he is in the center of attention he is satisfied. If he isnt, he crawl upp in between who ever is speeking.

He loves to hunt, sleep and kiss. He has a best friend in our neighbours long haired dachshund Lexi, who is just 6 months younger.

Alf getts bored if he doesnt get lots of exercis and mental stimulation. He sleeps in our bed and loves chewing on bones.
I forgot hes not that in to food. He eat because he must not because he enjoys it. He likes some treats but not all. No he has his favourits and thats it. I heard that dachs can have a problem with loving food to muck :)