Help With Veronica Taking Off My Pants.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
She can take off my socks. She can take off my sweatshirt.

I was watching a video for service dog training. Clearly people need help with their pants as well, no? Yet that wasn't covered by the video and I am rather stumped. I think this one is beyond us unless someone can give me some suggestions. I've even tried a pair of sweats without the elastic/band at the bottom. I think part of the problem is that she's a VERY gentle dog and she won't tug hard enough to get the pants past my hips.

Any thoughts?

Linda A

Experienced Member
I would try having the pants down on to your hips (not at the waist). She will still have to do some tugging but it won't be as difficult as if the pants were all the way up. With some practice I think she will tug harder to get them down from the waist.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Thanks guys. We will have to keep trying. She will pull them off if they are past my hips or even a little on my hips but once they're all the way up...no go.

Maybe I should switch to cloth pants instead of sweat pant...less "give"?

MaryK

Honored Member
Veronica is a very GENTLE young lady that's for sure. I was going to suggest changing to cloth pants instead of sweats, bit behind at present with Ra Kismet being sick. Also, I would think twice about playing tug with an old pair of pants, she may just decide your brand new pair are great for a game. I did that once, and paid the price, literally!

But you could try 'playing' tug with a pair you want her to take off by just gently tugging the legs, whilst you are still wearing them, to give her the idea to actually tug/pull at the pants.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Thanks guys!

Sorry for being MIA for awhile.

Brody's mom - it wasn't stretching to the non-stretchy pants that helped, it was switching to pajama bottoms because they are so loose fitting...they just slide right off my hips.

Sadly if ever I need Veronica's help to undress...I have to stick to fancy pajamas!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks guys!

Sorry for being MIA for awhile.

Brody's mom - it wasn't stretching to the non-stretchy pants that helped, it was switching to pajama bottoms because they are so loose fitting...they just slide right off my hips.

Sadly if ever I need Veronica's help to undress...I have to stick to fancy pajamas!!
OH dear, maybe Veronica needs some lessons from my new puppy Leaf. She's very good at removing Beanies, though you do have to bend down quite a way!;)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
OH dear, maybe Veronica needs some lessons from my new puppy Leaf. She's very good at removing Beanies, though you do have to bend down quite a way!;)
LOL!! Veronica could indeed use a few lessons!Make sure little Leaf channels that ability for good not evil! ;)

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL!! Veronica could indeed use a few lessons!Make sure little Leaf channels that ability for good not evil! ;)
LOL oh she will she's a little Angel - ooops the halo slipped a little - but hey she's still a baby! (she tried to remove buttons from my jacket - hasn't quite 'got it' to remove the jacket NOT just the buttons - work in progress???;) ).