Bosun Learning To 'snarly'

ellieh

Bosun always takes treats gently but, he seems to lift both his lips up and his nose crinkles just before he gets the treat.
So I have started pretending to have a treat and moving my hand towards his nose (as if to give him a treat), as soon as he lifts his lips and crinkles his nose I click and get him a treat.

I will start putting a word to this one after a couple of sessions, i think 'Teethies' or 'Snarly' is a good cue so i can ask him "Where are your teethies" or "Can you Snarly?"

Does anyone have a word for this already?

Pudder my Springer does something similar called "Toothies" -
This came from whenever Puds was panting or had an open mouth I would speak to him and he would slowly bring his lower jaw up to nearly closed and his teeth would still be showing.
It looks like he is trying to concentrate on or understand what i am saying. He can't do it from a closed mouth though, he will just cock his head to the side.
So when Puds has his open mouth we say to him "Where are your Toothies" and he will slowly close his mouth to show his teeth :D

luckylego

Experienced Member
Ooh! Streets does this too.. unfortunately I can't quite figure out how to capture it without reinforcing some naughty behaviours. She only does this while we're playing, riiight before she's about to jump for my face - which sounds worse than it really is haha. I triied using a clicker to mark it but it just seemed to encourage her to jump at me :confused:
Can't wait to see when you're done!!