Any Opinions On Royal Canin Anallergenic Dog Food For A Dog With Severe Allergies

kimw30

Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and the vet just recently changed her food because found out that she has severe allergies to food and she has allergies to grass, she also had inflammatory bowel disease and the vet said royal canin anallergenic food is good for dogs with allergies and inflammatory bowel disease. Anybody has a dog that eat that food.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I don't know this particular product (as in, haven't fed it or know somebody who has), but usually when you have a dog that is extremely allergic, it is advised to cook for him. Royal Canin itself has a very nice book on homecooking that your vet might agree with.
If he's allergic to grass, be aware that it contains "vegetable fibres" which could come from any vegetable. Is he allergic to a particular species of grass? All grass? All Gramineae?

roly1444

Hey I have a dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and the vet just recently changed her food because found out that she has severe allergies to food and she has allergies to grass, she also had inflammatory bowel disease and the vet said royal canin anallergenic food is good for dogs with allergies and inflammatory bowel disease. Anybody has a dog that eat that food.
My previous dog also had severe multi allergies. For most of his life he was on Hills Science Diet ZD. This worked quite well with only sporadic symptom problems. Late in his life there was a supply issue and I could not get it and had to try Royal Canin's version (I don't recall the name of it but I assume it is the one you mention). At this point he was a 14 yo boxer which is quite old for a boxer, but he was tired and felt his age. After the change to RC he picked up and seemed at least a couple of years younger. He thrived on it and lived for another year before old age took him. I wished I'd tried it sooner.