Zoomies, Pof, The Butt Run

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
I have never been lucky enough to get any of my dogs' 'zoomies' (also known as The Butt Run, or Pants on Fire) on video, but if you have been so fortunate, post it here! Post your zoomie story if no video!

Calvin suffers prolonged POF episodes with deep snow, and can usually be counted on having one post-bath. Soon after I adopted him we had a blizzard with 28" of snow and that night I dropped the leash in the enclosed courtyard of my building, to let him explore (I thought), and he took off with the zoomies. I was horrified and terrified that I'd somehow lose him forever because he was deaf, white, and was plowing and leaping his way through mounds of fresh snow. If he stood still he'd've disappeared!

Just last week I took him to a local park which has a designated 'dog beach' and he tentatively waded around a bit. He doesn't see too well so I think he was worried about the depth. After he got out--with just his legs wet, mind you, so POF was not to be expected--we walked a few feet away and he suddenly leapt straight up and then threw down his shoulder and rubbed his face and head on the grass. Grass stains, I tell you! Grass stains on a dog's head! Then he zoomed around me in a circle (I shall never drop his leash around water or snow again!) till he was red in the face AND green on the head.

If you are unfamiliar with TBR/POF phenomenon, here are two quick youtube clips to illustrate. It is the most silly and happy a dog can get:

Honored Member
Holly does extreme zoomies :cool: .

Her zoomies go through the lounge, hallway and kitchen (and sometimes outside through the dog door) and include the furniture and she bounces off the backs of the chairs. Full speed non-stop for a few circuits then she jumps onto the back of a chair and grins.

When she is doing zoomies everyone has to stay out of her way or they will be run over :ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
What does TBR stand for? i have no idea, :ROFLMAO: never heard those initials before.

My dog has zoomies, whenever we come home, he sees us, and whines with joy, and greets us and leaps up and kisses us sort of shylike,
and just quivers, and then explodes, and does a "Victory Lap",:ROFLMAO:
around
and around
and around,
and then, comes to dead stop, in very stiff dignified sphinx position, as if to say, "Who me? running around like a nut, no, not me, i'm just over here being dignified!":LOL:

which busts us up laffin every single time, :LOL: we never ever tire of the way Buddy greets us home again. We've even re-arranged furniture to facilitate his laps, and added in some rugs to help him make the turns. WE LOVE BUDDY'S ZOOMIES!!!
I've added cue "go Buddy go" in a certain tone, and can sometimes get him to do zoomies on command now!!:ROFLMAO:

To me, zoomies means the dog runs laps. My dog also does laps in his yard too.....AROUND...AND AROUND....AND AROUND......we love them.

What are "butt runs"??

My dog also does random zoomies pretty often,:rolleyes: but especially
on days my dog didn't get to spend all his energy, if Buddy had a boring day,
as evening approaches, Buddy will do laps, to siphon off that energy he never got to spend.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Buddy only ends with that ^ weird odd stiff sphinx pose, for "Victory Lap" zoomies when we come home,
all his other zoomies, he does not do that weird stiff-sphynx ending.
^HOW WEIRD IS THAT? What does it mean?

no, we've never ever corrected his zoomies, not a once, ever,
we love them.
what does that weird "stiff sphinx" ending mean?

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Remi gets the zoomies in the evening when it cools off and he can play outside. And he goes nuts if you chase him, he will run around the house or backyard for a good 10 minutes before stopping for water, and then right back to it. I love when he gets the zoomies.:)

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
What does TBR stand for? i have no idea, :ROFLMAO:never heard those initials before.
The Butt Run :)

What are "butt runs"??
Check out the first of the two videos I posted. Some dogs have a very pronounced tucked-butt when they get the zoomies, hence the names Pants on Fire and Butt Run :) My late dog did this to a much greater extent than my current dog and it was SO CUTE.

Dogster

Honored Member
So that's what they're called!!!!!:ROFLMAO: OMD, Shivon gets them ALL THE TIME!!!! The zoomies are a normal behaviour here:cautious::ROFLMAO::p It looks hilarious!!! Shivon adds grunting noises, LOL:LOL: And her zoomies are faaast:eek::ROFLMAO:

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Zoomies are when they do it on their own? Because my dog regularly acts like that when we go for a walk and we play!!