Zeus' First Trick Video

MaryK

Honored Member
My darling Golden Oldie Zeus has learned a couple of new tricks. O.K so he needs a little help with peekaboo to get him started but hey he's never been into tricks except the basic obedience ones so am proud of the lad learning new ones:D

Sorry no fancy titles, it's so hot and I'm exhausted!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you everyone:) Zeus has always, from a little puppy, had amazing focus, I've always been very proud of him. Even in puppy school he focused on me, not all the distractions, like other puppies and his sister the Late Tiger Lily:love::)

LOL Ra Kismet LOVES his soccer balls!!!!!!!!! That was an wrecked one (compliments of Zeus) his inflated one was 'hidden' in the hopes he would behave and not distract!:rolleyes: Didn't work though, he's a ham!:rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Dogster:) LOL nothing stops Zeus from focusing, especially where foods involved, and to think he'd just eaten half the contents of the refridgerator not long before we shot the video!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, Zeus has always (food or otherwise) had amazing focus, it's his strongest point, along with being totally bomb proof!

LOL yes and Rakins 'kills' human shins if they get in the way:eek:

MaryK

Honored Member
Lovely video! Ra Kismet is a great distraction! The way he is shaking the ball it would be very easy for you to capture 'shake it.'
Thank you:) I want to capture 'shake it' the only problem is getting close enough to Ra Kismet first, without getting well 'slammed' with the ball (have bruises to prove it does hurt) and managing to click/treat him as when he's in 'shake ball mode' he's oblivious to treats/clickers etc. By the time he's 'calm' he's dropped the ball!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Linda A

Experienced Member
Thank you:) I want to capture 'shake it' the only problem is getting close enough to Ra Kismet first, without getting well 'slammed' with the ball (have bruises to prove it does hurt) and managing to click/treat him as when he's in 'shake ball mode' he's oblivious to treats/clickers etc. By the time he's 'calm' he's dropped the ball!

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
I am far from a pro trainer but, with my dogs, I have a tendency to just talk to them when trying to capture a behavior. When I wanted to capture 'shake it' with Spice I just started in with "What are you shaking? Are you shaking it? and things like that. After a while, when she would shake something, I would say 'shake it' as she was doing it. If she did it again right after I said 'shake it' I clicked and treated. It didn't take long for her to catch on. Now she will bring a toy to me and shake it and try to play a game with me in hope of getting a treat.

Right now, I'm trying to capture a back legs stretch with Royal. Every time he does it I say, 'Yes! Good stretch!' and treat him.