Xena - Boston Terrier

LeviTheOutlaw

Xena is 4 years old. She was living with some not so nice people and I couldn't stand seeing how they were treating her, so one day I took her home with me. Little did I know they had bred her and she had puppies shortly after I brought her home. She was a great mom to her puppies. She is such a lover and has never met a person she didn't like. Dogs on the other hand are a different story. She wasn't socialized as a pup and now she doesn't tolerate strange dogs well at first. She gets over it quickly and becomes friends.

Favorite Food - She has to have puree pumpkin mixed in with her dinner!!!

List of Tricks - pfft... She refuses to do tricks. Sometimes I can get her to sit or gimme five. She rarely misbehaves tho. She's such a good little girl.

Her favorite things to do is sit on the couch and snuggle, chase her brother Levi while he chases the ball, go for car rides and visit Buster.
Buster is one of my parents dogs. He is chow and heeler. She loves her some Buster!!!
IMG_2353.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG

MaryK

Honored Member
So glad you took little Xena home with you. She's just adorable and obviously a lady with a strong mind when it comes to tricks:D Love the pics, gotta love those sweet faces:love:

LeviTheOutlaw

She is such a good dog. I really didn't have to do any training with her. She just seems to know what I want. Unfortunately my step brother has no idea how to treat dogs. The day I took her, I had stopped at their house and she was locked up in a kennel with no water, in a hot room and she had a big gash on her head. It was apparent she had been in there a very long time. I said enough was enough and took her with me. He didn't even notice she was gone for 3 days. he called and asked if I had seen her. I said yeah, I took her and your never getting her back.

MaryK

Honored Member
She is such a good dog. I really didn't have to do any training with her. She just seems to know what I want. Unfortunately my step brother has no idea how to treat dogs. The day I took her, I had stopped at their house and she was locked up in a kennel with no water, in a hot room and she had a big gash on her head. It was apparent she had been in there a very long time. I said enough was enough and took her with me. He didn't even notice she was gone for 3 days. he called and asked if I had seen her. I said yeah, I took her and your never getting her back.
Oh boy, will reserve my comments on your step brother's treatment, they're not fit for this forum!:censored::censored::censored: I often wonder, when I read something like this, what makes the person 'tick', don't they realize dogs (all animals) are living, breathing creatures who have the same needs as we do, food, shelter, water, exercise all that and LOVE!!!

If my boy's, especially Ra Kismet, are even outside for too long, especially at night when I cannot see Rakins clearly, I'm getting concerned as to what's happened to them. Three days - YIKES - I'd be calling everyone and everywhere searching the streets etc. etc.!

That's terrible, so glad you took her home, I would have done exactly the same thing! And she's rewarding you all the time, just knows what you want, what a gal!!!!!!!!!:love: A real love bunny:D:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
Because puppies are cute, and people don't think of the next 10-15 years of dog ownership when they buy a puppy. They're just thinking of the next 24 hours of fun :p
Sadly all too true Evie!!!!! Sometimes I think people should have to go through a course, with a lifelike puppy like the baby dolls that act like real babies, then pass an exam and receive a license to own a dog!

southerngirl

Honored Member
She is so cute. I love love Bostons my Nana had one his name was Buster.
Personally I think before anyone gets a dog they need to volunteer at a dog shelter for a month(cleaning, walking, bathing) than reconsider if they really want one.

Honored Member
She is so cute. I love love Bostons my Nana had one his name was Buster.
Personally I think before anyone gets a dog they need to volunteer at a dog shelter for a month(cleaning, walking, bathing) than reconsider if they really want one.
That's how we got our first dog. I always wanted a dog so when I was around 10 me and my mum would go up to the SPCA every saturday to walk a dog or two. We eventually met a dog that mum and dad agreed would be an acceptable first dog, neither of them had ever owned a dog and dad says he doesn't like dogs (I know he actually does).
We ended up with a 12 year old collie X corgie called Scamp. Perhaps if he had been young we wouldn't have been able to handle him (I think those two breeds could result in a very active smart dog) but he was old and well behaved for the most part. Although we only had him for about 18 months before he had to be put down due to health issues.

But while I was walking dogs for the SPCA I think it gave me some valuable lessons and I learn't that sometimes you have to let dogs go. There were two dogs that I really fell in love with that I was not allowed (no matter how much I begged). The first was a Irish Wolfhound X puppy called Vincent, he was the mellowest sweetest (big) pup ever (my parents didn't want a puppy and definitly not one that would end up enourmous). The second was a Border Collie X called Larry, he was a small collie and I walked him every weekend for nearly three months (that's a long time for dogs here) and he was a perfect gentleman. I hoped that if no one took him then maybe my parents would let me (they said "no"), then one time we returned from the walk and a couple were looking to adopt a dog so mum told them about Larry, what he was like to walk and how we had been walking him for so long (as you would expect from a 10 year old I stood there looking grumpy not wanting them to take him). But those people did take him and he went to live next to the beach. I hope both those dogs had great lives, just wish I could have had them.