Winston Smith - Brittany/collie Mix

Pawbla

Experienced Member
- Name: Winston Smith

- DOB: 02/23/2009 (approximately)

- Sex: Male (neutered)

- Favorite Food: Some semi-humid treats a company here makes, they're called Golocan. He goes nuts for those!

- List of Tricks:
01. Sit
02. Down
03. Stay
04. Let's go
05. Stand
06. Play dead
07. Sit pretty
08. Maximize! (aka stand on two legs)
09. Spin
10. Kiss
11. Nose targeting
12. 8 shape
13. Through the legs and on the left side
14. Jump
15. High five
16. Shake hands.

- Toys:
- Medium regular Kong.
- Large regular Kong.
- Tennis balls.
- One of those hollow balls with a hole on it, the ones you put food inside (kinda like a Kong).
- Also has a squeaky penguin but he doesn't like it.

- Habits:
- He likes sleeping on my bed with me until I wake up.
- Loves to jump on guests and make a lot of noise when they go inside the apartment. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to correct it, but I don't want to. I love him jumping on people :).
- Makes noise. A LOT. And I don't mean like barking, it's more like a barking/growl/cry. It's very weird (and cute).
- If we don't meet any dog at the park to play chase with, he plays chase with me.
- He likes sleeping on my bed (even if I'm not sleeping there).
- He barks at people when they're playing rough with me. But not in an aggresive way, he just wants to play too!
- He's very very clean, he cleans himself like a kitty!

- Behaviour Problems:
- Barking at flies. Not really working on that because I don't care that much about it.
- Scared of hair dryers. We're working on that.

- Strengths:
- Off leash work and generally things that involve him keeping his cool.
- Good socialization.

- Weaknesses:
- He's a bit hard to motivate as he's a couch potato.
- Shaping (but getting better at it).
- Things that involve using his mouth (grabbing things, chewing (?), and that sort of motions. Exceptions: kissing!)

- Temperament:
- Total couch potato.
- Loves people.
- Kinda likes cats, but he plays a bit too rough with them.

- Photos:

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh Winston Smith is just adorable!!!!!!!!:love: I'm totally in love:love: Great photos, the close up is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Winston Smith is the main character from the book 1984 by Orwell :D. It's my favorite. We usually add "sir" because it sounds so important haha.

Veronica is the couch potato? Never heard of a couch potato APBT before!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Winston Smith is the main character from the book 1984 by Orwell :D. It's my favorite. We usually add "sir" because it sounds so important haha.

Veronica is the couch potato? Never heard of a couch potato APBT before!
:oops: You know, we never read that one in school; unless I'm having a complete senior moment.

Yes, the couch potato APBT is a well kept secret. In fact I was so certain that I would not be adequately able to meet all of Veronica's high energy exercise needs that when she was a puppy I purchased a treadmill to the tune of $1700 just for her. It makes a lovely coat rack.

Pawbla

Experienced Member
:oops: You know, we never read that one in school; unless I'm having a complete senior moment.

Yes, the couch potato APBT is a well kept secret. In fact I was so certain that I would not be adequately able to meet all of Veronica's high energy exercise needs that when she was a puppy I purchased a treadmill to the tune of $1700 just for her. It makes a lovely coat rack.
Maybe, it's not a nice book for kids :p. But it's great!

Lol! Maybe you can re-sell it online?