Veronica's Exciting Adventure In The Great New England Blizzard!

MaryK

Honored Member
Beautiful and 'my' Veronica Lyn behaved, as always, like the perfect lady!:) She did look a bit fed up though, nothing like home, even though she had Mom, Dad and Grammy with her, to make a gal feel really happy.;)

Just adored her little booties and coat and the happy wagging tail when she saw PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!:love:

The snow pics made me feel sooooooooooooooo jealous I LOVE snow!

Glad you could take Veronica to a lovely motel, 'fraid there just aren't any here which allow dogs inside, they have to stay in the car, sleeping in a car is bad enough try it with two dogs!:rolleyes:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
You guys look like you made the best of a bad and cold situation. And Veronica is - as usual - cute as can be! :love: My friends in Ct got 36", altho they didn't lose power, so were ok at home. So glad it finally stopped for you guys and that you're safe and sound back at home -- altho most likely now working hard trying to clean up (I know that's what my friends are doing). Your pics of the snow sure are beautiful!!!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Oh my! You are welcome to some of our snow!!! It's not that I don't like it mind you; I just don't like so darn much of it all at once!!!!:D It was a very impressive blizzard, at the height of the storm we got "snow lightening"; and then we lost our power. :cry:

I was surprised how many hotels said they accept dogs. Didn't even specify breed or size. It was however a moot point because they were all full. I started calling every hotel in the phone book around 8 am and I think I got the last available room!! Which was good because Veronica really was getting cold; and she was getting a little freaked out by everything. I thought it was awesome to see so many dogs there.

The state set up "warming shelters" in some of the schools, were people could go and crash for free; but they didn't allow pets; which infuriated me because what do they think people are going to do with their animals? Guess all the talk about accomodating pet owners after Hurricane Katrina when so many people refused to leave their pets and put their lives in jeopardy by not going to shelters; was just...talk. :mad:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Thanks Jackie! Once my mother stopped screaming at me that she was going to get pneumonia and die and my husband stopped freaking out that we "had to leave now because it was going to be 8 below tonight"!!!!!! and we headed to the hotel we were fine!!

Of course I had no choice of hotels and my mom is an OCD clean freak; and the hotel was more than reasonable. So reasonable in fact that I knew if I told her how much I was paying she would refuse to go assuming it was a cockroach infested rat hole...but there really was no choice so I had to lie to her and inflated the price by more than double. At which point she looked at me sketpically and said "That's not allot. Don't the better hotels charge double that"? At which point I had to remind her about dying of pneumonia. :rolleyes:

Once we got settled we made the best of it and Veronica seemed really content to finally be warm!!

Afterwards I told me mom how much I paid for the room and she was happy I lied to her. :confused:

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh my! You are welcome to some of our snow!!! It's not that I don't like it mind you; I just don't like so darn much of it all at once!!!!:D It was a very impressive blizzard, at the height of the storm we got "snow lightening"; and then we lost our power. :cry:

I was surprised how many hotels said they accept dogs. Didn't even specify breed or size. It was however a moot point because they were all full. I started calling every hotel in the phone book around 8 am and I think I got the last available room!! Which was good because Veronica really was getting cold; and she was getting a little freaked out by everything. I thought it was awesome to see so many dogs there.

The state set up "warming shelters" in some of the schools, were people could go and crash for free; but they didn't allow pets; which infuriated me because what do they think people are going to do with their animals? Guess all the talk about accomodating pet owners after Hurricane Katrina when so many people refused to leave their pets and put their lives in jeopardy by not going to shelters; was just...talk. :mad:
I understand where you're coming from, too much snow in one go, had the same thing happen back home and we too lost our power! Even I was a bit upset over that and we had to go to friends, who still had power, other wise we would, along with the dogs, have been found frozen stiff the next day!:rolleyes:

So glad you got the last room and that there are many motels which take dogs! Good for them, though I suspect they may also be cashing in on the situation, but having said that our dogs need their warmth they're family. Poor Veronica, she would feel the cold having such a short coat.

That makes me furious here as well. Different reasons, fire/flood etc. but the shelters they will FORCE you to evacuate too do NOT allow pets!!!!!!!!!!!! Many people, like those in the Katrina Hurricane, risk their lives (plus I believe prosecution) to stay with their pets.
Seems animals are not considered 'family':mad: Governments rarely, if ever, learn their lessons, seems to be a world wide thing!:mad:

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks Jackie! Once my mother stopped screaming at me that she was going to get pneumonia and die and my husband stopped freaking out that we "had to leave now because it was going to be 8 below tonight"!!!!!! and we headed to the hotel we were fine!!

Of course I had no choice of hotels and my mom is an OCD clean freak; and the hotel was more than reasonable. So reasonable in fact that I knew if I told her how much I was paying she would refuse to go assuming it was a cockroach infested rat hole...but there really was no choice so I had to lie to her and inflated the price by more than double. At which point she looked at me sketpically and said "That's not allot. Don't the better hotels charge double that"? At which point I had to remind her about dying of pneumonia. :rolleyes:

Once we got settled we made the best of it and Veronica seemed really content to finally be warm!!

Afterwards I told me mom how much I paid for the room and she was happy I lied to her. :confused:
LOL sounds like your Mom is just like my late Mom. Anything too cheap in Motels, even in an emergency, was viewed with much suspicion, along with much finger rubbing to ensure no dust, checking the lavatories and showers, sheets etc.

Sometimes we just have to tell a little white lie!;) So glad though Veronica was warm, that's the main thing isn't it:D

Anneke

Honored Member
OMG so much snow!! I just can't imagine it! We don't get that much here, about 5 inches was the max here in Holland.
We only got about 2 where I live, and that made everybody go nuts:D
Glad that you could find a warm place and made the best of it!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
OMG so much snow!! I just can't imagine it! We don't get that much here, about 5 inches was the max here in Holland.
We only got about 2 where I live, and that made everybody go nuts:D
Glad that you could find a warm place and made the best of it!
Thanks! It was quite a little adventure!! I actually feel guilty about complaining about snow; because it's basically a benign weather event. Tornadoes scare the pants off of me, but luckily we don't really get those where I live.

Dogster

Honored Member
Great video!!!:D Veronica didn't look too happy about everything, until she got a bully stick, lol.:LOL: I'm glad everything's okay now, loosing power sucks (for lack of a better term:cautious:) . I'm glad you found a hotel for the night.:)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Thank you guys!!

Veronica was a little unsure of things when we first got to the hotel; but I don't think it took her long to realize that she warm, food was available and she was hanging out with her family (y)

I love making videos Raymond! Unfortunately I don't think Martin Scorsese has anything to worry about just yet. :X3:

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks! It was quite a little adventure!! I actually feel guilty about complaining about snow; because it's basically a benign weather event. Tornadoes scare the pants off of me, but luckily we don't really get those where I live.
I can understand how you feel about Tornadoes, I am terrified of bush fires, refuse to live anywhere close to where one may happen!

It was a grand adventure, loved hearing and seeing about it all:D Thank you for the share:D