tucker and mattie say hi from arkansas

tuckerandmattie

my name is dallas. my wife and i have just bought 2 boxers, tucker and mattie. mattie is kind of old and she has had a few litters. tucker is about 2 1/2, he is still pretty rowdy and has had no training. we are not real interested in making them do a bunch of tricks yet but we would like for them to have some obedience. then maybe we can move on to other things. we hope we can make some frinds and learn some things. neither one of us have ever trained a dog so i guess we are all 4 learning

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
tuckerandmattie;1095 said:
my name is dallas. my wife and i have just bought 2 boxers, tucker and mattie. mattie is kind of old and she has had a few litters. tucker is about 2 1/2, he is still pretty rowdy and has had no training. we are not real interested in making them do a bunch of tricks yet but we would like for them to have some obedience. then maybe we can move on to other things. we hope we can make some frinds and learn some things. neither one of us have ever trained a dog so i guess we are all 4 learning
Hi there! :welcome: to the Academy!

I'm glad to hear that you want to start training your dog, it's really fun once you get the hang of it. The funny thing is that it's pretty much the same training techniques to train your dog to sit, lie down, than to shake a paw and roll over! :)

But you probably consider obedience training, as being well behaved in your household like not chewing on your furniture and stuff like that, right? :)

Well don't be afraid to ask questions, we're here to help!