Thundershirt For A Dog That Is Scared

kimw30

Hey I have a rat terrier dog who is 4 years old and her name is Prissy and she is a very scared dog, she is scared of dogs, rain, someone taking a shower and any kind of loud noise. It has been raining here for the last 2 nights and she hasnt slept all night because of the rain. Anyone used the thundershirt and had any luck, or anyone know what I can do to help her.

Dogster

Honored Member
I think you should try the thundershirt. It gets mixed results, but I've tried it with Shivon and it worked pretty well. Shivon has anxiety in the car when driving on highways or any distance at night. I used the thundershirt and her shaking went away, and she's way more relaxed in the car now.:) It might not be the same for every dog, but I think it's worth a try.;)

kimw30

I think you should try the thundershirt. It gets mixed results, but I've tried it with Shivon and it worked pretty well. Shivon has anxiety in the car when driving on highways or any distance at night. I used the thundershirt and her shaking went away, and she's way more relaxed in the car now.:) It might not be the same for every dog, but I think it's worth a try.;)
thanks so much for the information, I am willing to try anything that may help her. She likes riding in the car but she will shake at night too and she hates rain. Where can you get the thundershirts and do they have real small ones.

Dice Smith

I see this threads a few months old so you might have tried one already, but I just got Kodi's the other day and I love it!! :love: He has a lot of noise phobias like thunder, fireworks, gunshots, etc. Pretty much anything loud. It's winter here so I'm not sure how the Thundershirt is going to work with him once the stormy spring weather comes but I put the shirt on him the other night while I was playing Sims. Kodi's scared of the screaching camera sound in the game and usually shakes and hides in his crate. But with the shirt on he stopped shaking and even came up and cocked his head at the computer. It seems to be working for him and I'm very glad to have one. I also read in one of their forums that they do come in very small sizes for tiny dogs. If you haven't already tried it, I highly recommend them!! They also ship really fast too. (y) :)