The tone of owner's voice

bullysheful

Although I and my mother and my dog live in the same home , sometimes i feel like the tone of my voice is more imposing , commanding.When someone else uses the same tone by asking him to sit he does not always listen but he always listens to me.How come?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Probably because your dog has been conditioned to your commands through your training sessions. The same thing happens with my dogs, my friends come over and try to get my dogs to do tricks and they just stare at them. However, they can always 'lure' or give them the 'visual signal' which will trigger the trick. :dogsmile:

bullysheful

Jean;10500 said:
Probably because your dog has been conditioned to your commands through your training sessions. The same thing happens with my dogs, my friends come over and try to get my dogs to do tricks and they just stare at them. However, they can always 'lure' or give them the 'visual signal' which will trigger the trick. :dogsmile:
That's right ! lurring and giving them visual signals as you said , both ways work.To insist is another way of making it , I only need to say the "command" once and he does it on the spot.

storm22

Experienced Member
yeah my dogs dont always listen to other people, but if they have treats you can bet storm will beg (he doesnt do anything else but beg) for others, koda does more for other people, i spent time training them how to teach and ask her to do things, so maybe you could try that, it does take time and it kinda confuses your dog cause theyre doing it right but the persons not

bullysheful

So it would be better for my dog to respond quicker only when i ask him to do things.It does not really bother me he does not sit when a friend of mine asks him to , he can ask 3-4 times then he sits.I don't want to confuse him so it'll be better to leave things like this?