Terrible Beginning Happy Ending - True Story About A Pit Bull

brody_smom

Experienced Member
My step-niece is a constable with the SPCA. Her life has been threatened many times as she has had to face people like this who neglect/abuse their animals to death. I don't understand why they even bother resisting, when they obviously don't care for the animals at all. You think they would be glad to have someone come and take them off their hands, but no. They yell and swear, wave around guns or worse, discharge them. It's sickening..

farwyn

At least people abroad do something about the animals , here most of the people dont care about them at all , so i can say that such incidents are quite ... usual around here especially when the laws regarding animal protection are VERY rarely put to use . Hope this changes over the years ... Lol , my people , we want to be called European and all when it comes to lifestyle , career , etc . But when it comes down to sensitive matters like this , we just ... turn the other way ... Maybe this is the reason that we now deserve what we're going through as a nation atm , because we're like ALWAYS using / torturing the weak for gains in power and i guess that this whole "tradition" we've forged has just started to backfire ...Im back btw :)

MaryK

Honored Member
My step-niece is a constable with the SPCA. Her life has been threatened many times as she has had to face people like this who neglect/abuse their animals to death. I don't understand why they even bother resisting, when they obviously don't care for the animals at all. You think they would be glad to have someone come and take them off their hands, but no. They yell and swear, wave around guns or worse, discharge them. It's sickening..
Then you'd be well aware of what's happening. It's terrible, I too don't understand people who abuse animals, then abuse those who are trying to help the animal. Unless its some sort of twisted 'power' ego thing, to me it just doesn't make sense at all. I agree it's sickening!!!!!!!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
At least people abroad do something about the animals , here most of the people dont care about them at all , so i can say that such incidents are quite ... usual around here especially when the laws regarding animal protection are VERY rarely put to use . Hope this changes over the years ... Lol , my people , we want to be called European and all when it comes to lifestyle , career , etc . But when it comes down to sensitive matters like this , we just ... turn the other way ... Maybe this is the reason that we now deserve what we're going through as a nation atm , because we're like ALWAYS using / torturing the weak for gains in power and i guess that this whole "tradition" we've forged has just started to backfire ...Im back btw :)
Sadly there are other countries in the European Zone which also have very poor, if any, animal protection laws. You have a good point, maybe what is happening to your country is a wake up call!!!!!!! And I'm not anti-Greek, one of my best girlfriends is Greek:)

MaryK

Honored Member
My former landlord's wife worked for the SPCA and she told me some horrific stories.
I also met a girl in Melbourne, who had been an inspector for the RSPCA here, before they put money/politics before animal welfare, and she told me only the 'best' of the worst, had me in tears hearing them.