Stumpy And Squiggle!

Squiggle

...Aka Maddox the tripod Lab/Pit, and Mateo, the Giant Schnoodle.

I'm Ariel, I'm 19, and I'm back from a dog training hiatus. Some of you may remember my foster Havanese mixes, Karma, and her sister Kismet. I haven't been on in many months, but I want to introduce my dogs, Maddox, a 1 1/2 year old, three legged therapy prospect, and Mateo, my service dog in training, an 8 month old Giant Schnoodle (Giant Schnauzer/Standard Poodle).

Maddox, being a recent amputee is working on building up the strength in his hind leg. We are working on prepping for the CGC/TDI tests, and we are working on nose targeting objects and retrieval work since he is still learning how to maneuver on three legs, much less using one in certain tricks. We will build up to using more legs in tricks though, just not two months post op.

Now Mateo is a four legged riot. He loves to run, jump, swim and play. After years of searching for the right service dog prospect, he is it! A Volhard test and some resource and dog interaction tests later, I decided he was mine. All the love and affection of a Schnauzer, all the brains and intuitiveness of a Poodle. Quite possibly my favorite doodle, but I'm biased. We are following Sue Ailsby's training levels, and are most of the way through level one.

We look forward to meeting all of you and your dogs!
-Ariel, Maddox, Mateo

534482_10151333216856271_1442814990_n.jpg