Step Up

blacknym

Experienced Member
I've been working on a trick with Deja. It is the first step to the ultimate behavior I want...Orbit.

I call this behavior "step up". After watching this video I realized I was lumping when I brought the ball into the equation. Ill keep this in mind for next time. I think I was nervous because I actually was talking to the camera. Lol

:) anyhow....here is the video.

blacknym

Experienced Member
I changed a lot like...

My body position
The object I wanted her to step on to
And was giving the cue

All at the same time. I should have gone back to shaping or luring the behavior until she was doing it consistently. I then can add the cue. Being on camera makes me nervous and I forget or make mistakes. Lol I am having fun with the videos though! Lol

Mutt

Experienced Member
Well done :)
LOL love how as soon as she is on the object she is like, where is my treat?

A tip: toss the treat on the floor so you "recet" her. Now you are first luring her off and than she has to get up again (making it less clear what you want as you), this way it always is the objective to get on the object.

blacknym

Experienced Member
Well done :)
LOL love how as soon as she is on the object she is like, where is my treat?

A tip: toss the treat on the floor so you "recet" her. Now you are first luring her off and than she has to get up again (making it less clear what you want as you), this way it always is the objective to get on the object.
Good idea. :) I'll remember that.

And yes she is always like that. Lol she can never have enough treats or food. If I don't regulate her food intake she would eat till she got sick. :/

sara

Staff member
I love the "elephant trick", what you call "orbit" Oliver does it very well, and Mouse is getting pretty good. I did split the behaviour into 4 different things. "paws up", "elephant", "pose" and "walk". all of these but the walk, are done on a stationary object as well.

All 4 ball and stationary object tricks are in this vid. sorry, it's a long vid :)