Skateboard

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Guys
Have been a long time since I have got on here. Havent had a computer for awhile. Just everything has been going on. I have a question wanting to ask. I was wondering if anyone can put on a link or where to find one on how to teach a dog to skateboard. A friend gave me one and I just wanted to see what the steps are I think I know how to shape her to go on but wanting to know how to get her to use her feet. Thanks for the help guys
cheers
Danni and the girls

fickla

Experienced Member
first teach her to put her 2 front feet on it on a stable surface like carpet. Once she's excitedly doing that you can move to a more easy movable surface. Since it rolls so easily just the act of her front feet getting on the skateboard should get it moving and she will have to walk with it in order to keep her front feet on. But i suppose you could also attach a string to it and move it yourself.

Some dogs naturally progress to jumping on it and then moving it themselves. But with my corgi I then progressed to teaching a 3 foot stance. I haven't done it in a long time and never progressed to him being 3 feet on and moving it, but I"m sure it wouldn't have taken that many more lessons.

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Fickla
Was wondering if anybody was here thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone would have had a link from the youtube. I have had the skateboard and she has put two paws on and has been moving and she isnt worried she thinks its fun my other 2 have other thoughts on the matter lol. and have been clicking when she puts her paws on etc but we do put all 4 paws as that is what she thinks that she has to do all the time but I was wondering how they did the 3 paws and one paw pushing or the push with 3 feet and jump on that is what I am up to now

fickla

Experienced Member
Well I don't think I got any further then it with you before I stopped doing it. The people that I know who have this have all said the dogs just loved skateboarding so much they didn't have to train it. The dogs naturally figured out how to run and jump on it (i don't think they paddled). But of course they were bulldogs and we all know how many videos there are of bulldogs doing it on youtube! So they weren't much help for me since they didn't actually need to train it.

My original idea was to first teach the 2 paw push, and then I was teaching the 3 paw stance. I was then going to attach a string and try to pull it while he was 3 ft on, 1 foot off, and hopefully his one foot should move if he had to maintain the 3 paw position.

tugidq64

Experienced Member
My dog skateboards with two feet on the board. I don't know how to teach her to push or put three feet on it and push off.