Rommel's Training Diary - Door Manners

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Just a quick video of Rommel's first door manners training session which took place earlier today.

He did really well, especially when you consider the poor wee man is still only eleven weeks old.

I've also added voice narration to this video. I hope it helps!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
LOVE IT! This video is VERY well done, and what a cute pup!
also, i much love your voice, CollieMan, and i nominate you to narrate all nature films, etc.:ROFLMAO:

Amateur

Experienced Member
CollieMan I am impressed with your calm approach to training and it evidently shows in the pup ... have you worked with multiple dogs ? Individual dogs seem to be able to control themselves from breaking a lot easier --- just wondered how you would handle ... say like the two rambunctious things on the left avatar in the same type situation.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Thank you for the comment. I try to remain calm and let Rommel make the choice of what to do. All I do is make it rewarding when the choice he makes is the one that I am looking for. That way, there is no tension and he is much more likely to repeat the action as it was one he chose for himself anyway. The path of least resistance is always the best one. :)

I found a video from one of my heroes, Emily Larlham, showing how to train multiple dogs with the clicker.

I appreciate that maybe doesn't specifically answer your question, but without seeing exactly what your own two dogs do in that particular training situation, I couldn't offer any reliable or useful advice I'm afraid. My immediate thought would be to first train them separately if that is practical.