Rockie The Westie

Lauren Marie

My nearly four month old westie likes to chew everything in site and eat newspaper. He also likes to pee and poop and walk through it.
Right now I'm trying to get him to go and do his thing outside more, but he likes to save it all for the paper inside, or the most public places in town.
So far he knows how to sit and give his paw. He also is starting to understand the meaning of "no" when it comes to stopping him from destroying and eating things he really shouldn't.

Attachments

running_dog

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA :).

You've probably already found the puppy forum, there's lots of information on there that you might find useful like this thread on house training.

Anneke is right, you do have a cute little dog!

sara

Staff member
My sister Lauren has a Westie named Annabelle! LOL Westies are Terriers, as such they are extremely intelligent, active hunters, who get easily bored and are independent... it is a recipe for disaster, if you're not keeping them buisy, and dont sufficiently motivate them. They have such character and Attitude! Westie owners call it "Westitude" LOL

Play lots of prey type games, like tug of war, fetch, and hide and seek, figure out what he wants most in life and use is to motivate him to work with you.

Here's my sister's dog when she was 10 weeks... talk about tough!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4grJ3qzoE

heidio

Hi welcome to DTA, if you need support and ideas you've come to the right place. There's a bunch of people that will help you out.