Rocket's Intermediate Trick Dog Video

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Yay! we learned enough intermediate tricks so I can apply for his title! :LOL: He's actually pretty close on some of the other intermediate ones. He's got some advanced and expert tricks too, but I didn't want to use them again.:)

I need help with my video making! Can some of you terrific videographers please give me some tips on video editing programs/apps? I'd love to be able to do fast and slow motion and stuff like some of y'all do.:notworthy: ( so many of your videos are so great) (y) I have a new Ipad and a PC.

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks Linda! It seems like the advanced tricks are going to be do-able but most of the expert tricks still look quite daunting for our abilities... He is making progress at the retrieving thing though.... and there's no hurry:) so who knows!

Anyone? suggestions of video editing programs or apps??

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous! Had to laugh where you almost fell over colliding with the stool, I have that problem too, not enough space.

You'll have no problems with intermediate tricks title, very smooth performance.

I'm still learning how to edit vids, so not good at explaining yet. But for the 'slow mo' go to the menu and select from the transform or whatever it's called on your program, then select the frame and hit o.k. Most of the programs have an 'automatic' area for slow mo etc. it's just a matter of finding it - experiment and play around. You can alter the speed etc. once you've found the slow mo menu.

Also the same for special effects - on the program I use there is a separate menu, I just try them out and see what happens - again just select the frame or frames you want to apply it too. You can always 'undo' if you're not happy with the effect. Plus I always make a copy of the vid, can be deleted later, just in case I do something really wrong!

I tend to 'play' with the software, see what's what and how it works, then if I like it, I use it if I don't then I hit the 'step back edit'. Use an old vid or make a copy, that way you'll fee safer playing around.

What program are you using?

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks Mary.
I just have windows live movie maker on my PC, but I just downloaded windows movie maker 2.6. I think that the 2.6 windows one might be able to do slow MO but I need to try it out. My Ipad is brand new to me Christmas and I am just learning but so far with the apps I have tried I have not seemed to be able to do what I want... I haven't bought one yet because of that. Really, suggestions would be very welcome!

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks Mary.
I just have windows live movie maker on my PC, but I just downloaded windows movie maker 2.6. I think that the 2.6 windows one might be able to do slow MO but I need to try it out. My Ipad is brand new to me Christmas and I am just learning but so far with the apps I have tried I have not seemed to be able to do what I want... I haven't bought one yet because of that. Really, suggestions would be very welcome!
Cannot help with Ipad, I don't use mine for vids, not the editing anyway, I use my P.C. The software I use is
Cyberlink Power Director 10 and use the Full Video Editing option (it comes up when you load the program).

It's not the easiest at first, you do have to play around a bit, but I find it will do all that I want to do, slow mo's, special effects, sub titles etc. etc.

I didn't find Windows very good, although I know others here do use it, that's why I got the Power Director 10 it's a lot better, faster, more options and LOL once you get the hang of it, easy to use. I found 'cutting' the music the hardest part to 'get', took a bit of doing but finally worked it out.

Ruth M

Aw that was lovely. Really enjoyed watching it. We don't have awards or titles to aim for in the UK. I love doing tricks with Wynona and she uses them in her work as a school dog, the kids love them. Summer is just 7 months and is learning a few easy ones at the moment like spin and leg weaves. I think I will have to make a video and share too